Horned Dorset Primavera
Rincon Inn(Rincon)
US$ 70
  • Pool
US$ 116
Coconut Palms Inn(Rincon)(Great Value!)
US$ 117
Que Chevere(Rincon)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
US$ 218
TripAdvisor
All reviewsplunge poolthe general managermurphy bedpuerto ricomoroccan stylerelais chateauxtasting menufour posterworth the splurgewe spent hoursfrench doorsluxury hotelwaves crashingoceanview roomnight lifepoolssack
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

This establishment should be Michelin rated. Our five course meal was sensational in every way. My wife had the cucumber dill soup, salad with guvava vinaigrette, pasta primavera, and cheese cake. Everything was a taste sensation. I started with a pumpkin fennel soup which was thick and tasty followed by the salad. My entre was the grilled pork chop with a luscious sauce accompanied by creamy polenta and baby asparagus.
We were seated on the balcony with the sound of the surf below. Our table was elegantly set.
Most impressive was the wait staff as they were well versed in the essential elements of fine dining. Their level of experience was beyond their youthfulness. There was professionalism in all that they did.
It's a price fixed menu but you can make substitutions. This was an expensive meal but it was well worth the splurge for my wife's birthday.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2017

We had an ocean view suite, two floors with a punch pool. The pool was the highlight of the stay, kept very clean. We had excellent maid service, and when we needed something like kitchen utensils, plates, etc. they were brought to us immediately. The place can be described as rustic chic. Yes, the place needs quite a bit of upkeep, and you can tell that the management is trying very hard to do this. The views are to die for. you sleep like a baby with the ocean slapping on the beach. The owner is a delight and very accommodating. The only drawback I would say is the restaurant the Chateau Rose, billed as a French restaurant, NOT! Good service with awful food. I am amazed at some of the reviews I have read where people say the food was wonderful, etc.??? Would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view, two floor suite if possible. That was the best.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

No way can this hotel compare to Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons or even JW Marriott. Faulty A/c, moldy smell in room, leak in closet, broken doors looking to waterfront and cracked tiles around private pool. Uncaring staff put me over top I stayed 2 nights of 7 nights. Couldn't stay at this dump waste of time and money.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
wohlsein, General Manager at Horned Dorset Primavera, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Rick,

i was rather taken by your response almost a year later and wonder what made you do it.. anyhow, thank you for giving me the chance to response as lots of good has happened since your visit and time to return in the right spirit our little magical place.
We have opened perhaps the best French Restaurant in puerto Rico, called Chateau Rose..and have without a doubt the most sparkling pools of anywhere here..and are the only all suite hotel with each with a private plunge pool..no we are not and never tried to be the Ritz Carlton, Four Season or JW Marriott, a small luxury hotel for people not looking for a Chain Hotel .. we have a good relation ship with all of them and have without a doubt the most amazing individual suites decorated in Moroccan, style..
I hope to see you here , best regards.
Wilhelm Sack

Reviewed 6 August 2017

We stayed for our anniversary and were disappointed the first day since the room had many problems (A/C, shower, Internet, etc). After speaking with the General Manager, he assigned us a new room that was in much better condition and had a great ocean view from the room's pool. The hotel has amazing views, great grounds, lots of details that are Mediterranean style. In summary it is a great place to stay, but it is in need of some loving care.

Room Tip: Rooms with the ocean view are in better condition than the garden view ones.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel did an unauthorized debit on my account. I talked (personally) with the owner. When I went to this Hotel he never looked at my eyes and never talked about the horrible problem. He never resolved this problem.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
wohlsein, General Manager at Horned Dorset Primavera, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Good day

I really do not know what debit was made to your card and I would appreciate very much if you contact me directly to get on to this and solve it and I look forward hearing from you .

W Sack