“Great Sunsets-Happening Bar”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Rincon
New Jersey
“Great Sunsets-Happening Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

Originally planned to stay here but no room's available. Booked another place and unfortunately was over booked. Headed over to Villa Cofresi to rent some jet skis and on a chance asked if anything was available. Luck for us they had a couple of open rooms. We took two 2nd level pool side. One for my husband and I, and the other for our two sons (20-21). The rooms were clean and large. Rooms had balcony's overlooking the pool, bar and beach. The bar got crowded just before sunset, as the sunset was spectacular from the deck, and stayed busy till 12:00-1:00 am. The beach had some small waves and was good for swimming and jet skiing. Surf beaches about a mile away. Good location restaurants and bars, though this appears to be the place most will come to at night. Loved it but when I go back I will chose a room farther from the bar - it can be loud at night.

Room Tip: Go for the pool side if you are going to be up late. The bar can be loud. Otherwise chose something...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank NewJerseyCathy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Syracuse, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

My sister and I have been going to this hotel for many years and have found it more than satisfactory. Our balcony is very close to the beach so at night we can hear the ocean. We are far from the bar area so the music and noise are not a bother. The room is quite large with 2 big beds, a nice sitting area with a table and chairs, a big closet, a huge dresser with the tv, a refrigerator, and in the entryway is a dressing table with mirror. The bathroom has a tub. The balcony is spacious with a table and 2 chairs. When we have asked for anything extra in our room it was quickly taken care of and delivered. The breakfast, which comes with the room, is adequate with omlettes available for a small price. It is served buffet style and you can eat your breakfast just yards from the water. The service for dinner is more sketchy but always with politeness and a smile.The food is good. The pool is not large but also adequate. The water is cold--at least I find it so. The ocean is just a step away and usually warmer. All of the years we have been going there the water is a bit wavy which the kids of all ages seem to enjoy. I am looking forward to this years stay in February.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank PetuniaPig
CT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

If you like a pool table, karaoke scene the bar is a nice, clean option. We did not stay in the hotel but stopped by for drinks and appetizers. Unfortunately the not very tropical famous pirate coconut drink, along with some unappetizing food made my stomach turn. The pool tables and location were wonderful though. Couldn't imagine staying here with kids unless the rooms are soundproof.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank JFel
LalaRincon_P_R_, Owner at Villa Cofresi Hotel, responded to this review, 27 December 2011
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review about your short experience at Villa Cofresi Hotel. Yes, you are right, our very famous Pirate drink is not for everyone. It is a mix of different kinds of rum, it also has milk, coconut milk and cinnamon, so if you don't like those ingredients you will not enjoy it. I am sorry you did not enjoy our food. We specialize in fresh seafood, Angus beef and Puerto Rican cuisine. Our location, as you mentioned, is one of our best attributes, right on a beautiful beach. We have rooms for everyone; for the partiers, as you mention, but also for families who need very quiet rooms away from the bar. We would have been thrilled to show them to you. What makes us successful for so long, precisely, is that we have something for everyone. Give us a try next time!
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

Not too many lodging locations are this close to the beach. Great accommodating staff and clean rooms ON THE BEACH.

Room Tip: Room 119 is nearest to the beach
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bob S
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

I stayed at Villa Cofresi for three nights Thursday- Sunday, in Mid December.
The hotel is clean, comfortable, safe, well maintained and overall, really pleasant.
The staff is friendly and helpful.
You really get the feeling that this hotel wants to treat you right and to come back.

Most of the guests are local families and couples on vacation and they were really nice people to be around. I think I was one of the few solo travelers.

My room was spacious and comfy with a balcony that had an amazing view overlooking the sea.
I had one small issue with my room (window handle not working) and it was attended to and fixed immediately!

The hotel has a great, open air bar overlooking the beach with friendly and entertaining bartenders who looked after me and the other guests. There's Puerto Rican music, salsa dancing and karaoke. It was a very cool, authentic scene of locals and tourists. Very good food too! All this,overlooking the sea.

The hotel beach is great; it has sand, is not crowded at all, is good for swimming and faces west for beautiful sunsets.

There are shops, restaurants and other beaches within short walking distance.
I don't drive but I have to say that Rincon is a town that definitely drives and I think it's best to have a car if you're spending more than two days there.

If you tend to go to bed early and want quiet nights be sure to ask for a quiet room in advance. The bar party scene lasts till about midnight but there are rooms that don't face the bar. I stayed in one and it was fine.
Anyway, the music they play is great Puerto Rican and Caribbean music. I'm from New York, home to a large Puerto Rican community but there was still a lot of great music I'd never heard before.
Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Charles B
LalaRincon_P_R_, Owner at Villa Cofresi Hotel, responded to this review, 23 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Villa Cofresi Hotel. I can tell you really understand what we are all about. Yes, we are family oriented, yes, we want everyone to come back, yes, we have amazing views and excellent service. Yes, we do have rooms that are very quiet. Just ask for them! WE hope to have you with us again in the very near future. Thanks for recommending Villa Cofresi to the world!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
0.2 km away
5.7 km away
Rincon Beach Resort
Rincon Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Anasco

Been to Villa Cofresi Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK