“Perfect weekend!”

LemonTree Oceanfront Cottages
“Perfect weekend!”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Ask for the Banana room!!! Totally private! The view, the whirpool bathtub, the sound of the waves....Everything was clean and just plain perfect! I will definitely return to the Lemontree!!!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank RedJenM
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Stayed at Lemon Tree Oceanfront Cottages in the Banana Jacuzzi Studio Suite for 2 nights. With 2 GPS and map in hand we managed to find out way from San Juan, took quite a while since we stopped plus got lost going to the Observatorio de Arecibo but managed to make it to Lemon Tree by 7:30 to be greeted by Bella Jane who was tending to her garden. She took us up to our cottage and quickly pointed out places to go ect…We were quite wowed by having the sea right outside the porch! What a beautiful view to wake up to and the sea lulls you to sleep. We tried El Fogon which is right around the corner from the cottage-that was lovely (see review on that). Cottage is kept clean overall, bed was fairly comfortable, loved the bathroom particularly the Jacuzzi. There was a storm earlier so the cable and internet was spotty but we didn’t mind as not once did we turn on the tv and we had internet on our cell phones. AC provided but we didn’t use it, slept with windows open and overhead fan on-preference for the sea breeze. There is a small fridge in the room that was very handy, pots, pans, microwave ect. One could spend a whole week here and save if you cook your own food. We spent our first full day just lounging on the beach and exploring Rincon; the town center is about a 15 minute drive from the Cottage. Only complaints are: it can be a bit noisy since you hear the traffic passing by but not frequent, no issues with mosquitos however we did notice cockroaches (spotted 4) and I nearly had a heart attack when I found one of the roaches in my bag when I decided to check one last time before flying home as I didn’t want to bring back any creatures to my immaculately clean house!!! Also hundreds of those little flying bugs that are attracted to light, they all decided to die at our doorstep. On returning from a night out on Friday they were all just there and even more just dead on Saturday morning. Didn’t really bother us as we were fascinated by the whole strangeness of it and made a game of trying to dodge them Friday night lol
In terms of ambiance, cost and proximity to water, I’d probably consider staying here again; just not so sure given that I can’t stand cockroaches. I must note that the owners are nice folks.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, you face the ocean!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kimberley S
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This is our second visit to the Lemontree. Last year it was a soothing experience which gave us time to get relaxed. We returned this year hoping to get the same experience. But when we get into the room it was dirt with soiled floor. The ceiling and floor fans were horrible. The housekeeper entered the room on saturday morning before we leave but when we returned, she only emptied the garbage cans. We spent 2 hrs cleaning the room after buying cleaning products and a mop.
There are lot better places at the same area and less expensive.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Alvinst
, Owner at LemonTree Oceanfront Cottages, responded to this review, 14 July 2012
We are delighted you were so happy with your first visit to the Lemontree that you decided to return. Returning guests already know the positive attributes of our hotel. We regret that you were unhappy this time. We do have stringent housekeeping practices; use a state of the art floor-cleaning machine and clean the ceiling fans once a week. Prior to a guest’s arrival, one of us does a walk through of the suite to make sure all is in readiness and anything amiss is righted. For this particular visit, I did the walk-through and found the floor and ceiling fans and floor clean, counter tops spotless and amenities in place. On inspection, the large metal floor fan, though being a good solid fan that sent out a lot of cool air, had a rusted metal grate… in the tropics all metals rust more rapidly than you would believe. We have replaced that fan with a black plastic one. With this guest’s comments, we are reminded how important it is to let us, the owners, or the housekeeper, know if something needs to be fixed or attended to in the suite. We live here at the Lemontree and all guests are given our phone number. If this guest had voiced his concerns while he was here we would have attended to the matter immediately.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I have been remiss in not submitting my review of our stay at Lemontree and I apologize profusely. My husband and I decided to get away from the hustle and noise of San Juan to receive the new year 2012 in a quiet, peaceful place. What we got was heaven on earth. The apartment was impeccable and just right for us. During the day you have the majestic view of the ocean and the caressing rays of the Caribbean sun. At night, you are lullabied to sleep by the waves of the ocean. This was my favorite part of staying at Lemontree. I sat on the porch just mesmerized by the calming and refreshing sound of the waves. Everything is just perfect at Lemontree, for families and couples alike. Thanks to Bella and husband for letting me enjoy a piece of heaven on earth.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Helen0813
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The location was ideal - right on the water. Nice views. You can watch fish swim by from the deck (I stayed in the "Coco" room.) The cottages are about 15 to 20 minutes from Mayaguez.

The only negative part of my stay was the erratic hot water, but if there was any place I don't mind taking a cold shower it is Puerto Rico.

I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank NoahSpurrier
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
4.6 km away
1.3 km away
Rincon Beach Resort
Rincon Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Anasco

Been to LemonTree Oceanfront Cottages? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK