“Angels in Swiss Touring”
Review of SwissSafari GmbH

SwissSafari GmbH
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: SwissSafari GmbH is a licensed tour company and composed of a small team of some enthusiastic Switzerland experts. We specialize in customized tours through Switzerland and whole Europe. Our tours can start in each city of Switzerland and are taken in modern cars or minibuses with private Swiss drivers which are at the same time experienced tour guides. A high standard, and due to our great knowledge about Switzerland and Europe, individuality is guaranteed. We organize tours to every region of Switzerland and including sightseeing trips to the highlights but also offer "off the beaten path" locations, trips to our neighbour countries, day excursions, family trips and transfers. Our emphasis is always in quality; we do not claim to be the cheapest, but prefer to offer excellent value for money for persons wanting that "extra something" and a memorably and wonderful stay. Our special service to you: if you plan a full holiday package you get planning, organization, transfers, tickets, hotel bookings and the carrying out of the tour from one hand which is an expert in Switzerland and Europe and have your personal contact during the whole planning and implementation stage.
Reviewed 2 July 2015

I got in touch with Carmen Aebi on March 6 2015 for our upcoming family vacation in Geneva in June. Carmen promptly responded with multiple itinerary options to suit our needs and time constraints. Initially it took me over 4-5 days of back and forth communication to convey our priorities that would address the limitations of my mom (knee surgery and limited mobility) and 6 year old kid but once Carmen understood the issues she was very sensitive and informative about the various alternatives that we could try.

When we reached Geneva, Mr. Richard came to pick us up at our Hotel. He is extremely professional and courteous. Our two days with Mr. Richard, his fine driving skills through the winding roads of Swiss Alps and his perfect sightseeing recommendations worked well for us. He was very accommodating and we did modify our tour a little bit--but it all worked really well for our family.

Tour with Swiss Safari is a Luxury experience and they do not cut corners so even if the price seems a tad steep --you will find lot of value in going with them. We strongly recommend them for your Switzerland Tour.

Date of experience: June 2015
5  Thank Archana S
SwissSafari, Geschäftsführer at SwissSafari GmbH, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2015

Dear Archana,

Your great rating makes me happy!
It's great to read about a perfect trip in my homeland! Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review and for the very good rating.

I love to create tours which suit the guests and I'm happy that your tour turned out to suit everyone in the family and that you enjoyed Switzerland!
Richard was happy to spend the time with your nice family and I enjoyed very much meeting you and your family in Zurich!

I wish you and your family all the best and would be happy to meet you again in Switzerland!

Warm regards

"castle"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 11 November 2014

Dear SwissSafari-Team!
Once again - thank you for a fantastic trip and an outstanding service! Simply for the best holidays we had ever.
Carmen did a great job in planning our program, had a good sense of what teenagers like and we were impressed by the Hotels she booked for us - the view from our rooms were awesome!
Richard's flexibility and knowledge about Switzerland made our holidays perfect.
We will come back to see more of beautiful Switzerland and will use SwissSafari again!
Our family can recommend Carmen and her SwissSafari-Team highly!
Joanne, Pete, Kelly and Marc

Date of experience: October 2014
5  Thank Peter M
SwissSafari, Inhaber at SwissSafari GmbH, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2014

Dear Pete with family,
Happy to read that you had so much fun on your trip with us - thank you for the great rating and for sharing your expereince with others! The whole SwissSafari-Team looks forward to welcoming you in the future on another fantastic tour! Thank you for having been our guests.
Cheers,

Reviewed 23 October 2014

My wife and I never used a tour guide before. Carmen was awesome. She spent the time and effort before the trip helping us look at our options (all before we committed a dime). We ended up with a walking tour of Zurich with Heidi. Her knowledge was spectacular. We felt we knew Zurich well when we were done. We took day tours and one overnight trip around Switzerland (Bern, Lucerne, JungfrauJoch, Rhine Falls). Kurt was our guide/driver for all of them. He was so friendly, knowledgeable and flexible with the pace. On top of all this, they even spent time helping my wife connect to her family heritage. They translated some old postcards, did some research, and then spent a day taking us around to birthplaces, homes, government records offices, etc. We will never forget the wonderful trip and the kindness Carmen and the team showed us.

Date of experience: September 2014
7  Thank 271genew

Dear Gene and Sandy,
I was really happy that I could assist you in making your Switzerland stay so memorable. Also for me it was a very special trip as I knew that Sandy has her roots here.
Thank you for your trust in my team and me! I hope we may show you more of your ancestor's homeland on another tour.
Keep well - Carmen

Reviewed 28 September 2014

My husband's dream was to see the Swiss Alps and I was keenly interested, too. We both love dramatic mountain scenery, and the peace and serenity that is quintessentially Swiss was calling. Only problem was we didn't have time to plan the trip. A business colleague spoke so glowingly about Carmen Aebi's Swiss Safaris that I thought surely he was exaggerating. Not. Carmen and her team may possibly have given us the best customer service we've ever experienced, and we've been to a lot of places in Europe, the South Pacific and the USA.

So, what made it so good? Right from the start, Carmen was keenly interested in what we needed and wanted. Through regular email correspondence she got a handle on what we were trying to get out of the trip and made suggestions about where to go, where to stay, how to do it. The correspondence was unerringly cordial, and she always had a willingness to try and get it right for us. For instance, I was projecting we should stay in Zurich one night to get over jet lag, and Carmen recommended we get on the road with one of her drivers, Kurt, get into the countryside, and get on local time - which was exactly the right thing. Kurt was the perfect combination of competence, intuition, commitment and expertise. With an intense desire to provide great client service. He surprised me with a Rivella for refreshment when we made a stop in Brienz. He always found a spot for my husband to take pictures. He organized our train and bus passes. And appeared out of no where the night before we left to drive on to Italy, with a lift to our hotel from the bus stop after we had spent most of the day up on Jungfraujoch (and I had an altitude headache and REALLY didn't want to wait for the bus.) Kurt drove us all the way from Grindelwald to Venice. He was a fabulous driver - discussed the route with us, explained Swiss history, showed us unusual sights (air fields, hydro power dams) and also knew how to let us have silence and space for our own thoughts. And, he had learned on the first day that I was a flutist and for the long ride to Venice, he brought along James Galway CD's and music he thought I would enjoy. Made the ride so enjoyable and I so appreciated his thoughtfulness.

Carmen had little gifts coming our way from the moment we set foot in the country. Chocolates, pens (really nice ones) and pocket knifes engraved with our names. On the way home 10 days later, not thinking, we forgot to check Bob's knife. Security properly confiscated it and we were forlorn. Bob loves pocket knifes and had to leave it behind. I wrote Carmen asking to buy another from her for Bob's birthday. She had one re-engraved to my specifications, sent it in a package with (another) small gift for me, and wouldn't hear of being reimbursed. She shipped Bob another one in time for his birthday with her best wishes.

Swiss Safaris gets my highest recommendation. If you're plannig a trip to Switzerland/northern Italy, check them out. It was the best choice we could have made for our vacation. Thanks Carmen and Kurt! Marianne and Bob

Date of experience: September 2014
6  Thank CoachMarianne
SwissSafari, Owner at SwissSafari GmbH, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2014

Dear Marianne and Bob
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am very happy that you enjoyed your holidays in Switzerland and Italy and that our service met your expectations. For Kurt and me it was a pleasure to spend some time with you - thank you for having been our guests and for your trust in us!
All the best - we hope to see you again one day!

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was discouraged trying to arrange our family trip to Switzerland with local travel agencies. Fortunately, I found Swisssafari and Carmen Abei on the internet. I read the positive reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to contact Swisssafari. During the planning period, we communicated frequently and Carmen always returned my emails promptly. Any hesitations I had planning this trip on my own were quickly alleviated by the professionalism of Carmen. Our guide, Kurt, was exceptional. He related well with the 7 adults and especially with our 4 teenage grandchildren. The trip was above any expectations I ever had. Not having to worry about driving, gasoline, toll roads, dinner reservations, etc was a real positive. Please refer to my daughter-in-laws review of the many details of our trip which I can only reaffirm. I would highly recommend Swisssafari and Carmen.
Peter W

Date of experience: June 2014
9  Thank Petewip
SwissSafari, Geschäftsführer at SwissSafari GmbH, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Pete,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this rating.
With pleasure I read that our service met your expectations and that you had a wonderful holiday and a good time in Switzerland. It was my personal highlight to meet you in person.
Thank you again for having been our guests - it was a pleasure to create this tour for you - together with you!
Sincerely, Carmen