Review Highlights
week long tour of switzerland

We started in Geneva and our tour took us through the entire country hitting all the highlights and... read more

Reviewed 12 July 2017
jnbhmi
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Professional Team

We're tour company in USA who arranged a group of 30 people visiting Switzerland on May 2017. We... read more

Reviewed 29 May 2017
Jay8151
Los Angeles, California

All reviews tour company carmen switzerland trip swisssafari kurt country team life mountains castle
Reviewed 11 November 2014

Dear SwissSafari-Team!
Once again - thank you for a fantastic trip and an outstanding service! Simply for the best holidays we had ever.
Carmen did a great job in planning our program, had a good sense of what teenagers like and we were impressed by the Hotels she booked for us - the view from our rooms were awesome!
Richard's flexibility and knowledge about Switzerland made our holidays perfect.
We will come back to see more of beautiful Switzerland and will use SwissSafari again!
Our family can recommend Carmen and her SwissSafari-Team highly!
Joanne, Pete, Kelly and Marc

5  Thank Peter M
SwissSafari, Inhaber at SwissSafari GmbH, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2014

Dear Pete with family,
Happy to read that you had so much fun on your trip with us - thank you for the great rating and for sharing your expereince with others! The whole SwissSafari-Team looks forward to welcoming you in the future on another fantastic tour! Thank you for having been our guests.
Cheers,

Reviewed 23 October 2014

My wife and I never used a tour guide before. Carmen was awesome. She spent the time and effort before the trip helping us look at our options (all before we committed a dime). We ended up with a walking tour of Zurich with Heidi. Her knowledge was spectacular. We felt we knew Zurich well when we were done. We took day tours and one overnight trip around Switzerland (Bern, Lucerne, JungfrauJoch, Rhine Falls). Kurt was our guide/driver for all of them. He was so friendly, knowledgeable and flexible with the pace. On top of all this, they even spent time helping my wife connect to her family heritage. They translated some old postcards, did some research, and then spent a day taking us around to birthplaces, homes, government records offices, etc. We will never forget the wonderful trip and the kindness Carmen and the team showed us.

7  Thank Gene W

Dear Gene and Sandy,
I was really happy that I could assist you in making your Switzerland stay so memorable. Also for me it was a very special trip as I knew that Sandy has her roots here.
Thank you for your trust in my team and me! I hope we may show you more of your ancestor's homeland on another tour.
Keep well - Carmen

Reviewed 28 September 2014

My husband's dream was to see the Swiss Alps and I was keenly interested, too. We both love dramatic mountain scenery, and the peace and serenity that is quintessentially Swiss was calling. Only problem was we didn't have time to plan the trip. A business colleague spoke so glowingly about Carmen Aebi's Swiss Safaris that I thought surely he was exaggerating. Not. Carmen and her team may possibly have given us the best customer service we've ever experienced, and we've been to a lot of places in Europe, the South Pacific and the USA.

So, what made it so good? Right from the start, Carmen was keenly interested in what we needed and wanted. Through regular email correspondence she got a handle on what we were trying to get out of the trip and made suggestions about where to go, where to stay, how to do it. The correspondence was unerringly cordial, and she always had a willingness to try and get it right for us. For instance, I was projecting we should stay in Zurich one night to get over jet lag, and Carmen recommended we get on the road with one of her drivers, Kurt, get into the countryside, and get on local time - which was exactly the right thing. Kurt was the perfect combination of competence, intuition, commitment and expertise. With an intense desire to provide great client service. He surprised me with a Rivella for refreshment when we made a stop in Brienz. He always found a spot for my husband to take pictures. He organized our train and bus passes. And appeared out of no where the night before we left to drive on to Italy, with a lift to our hotel from the bus stop after we had spent most of the day up on Jungfraujoch (and I had an altitude headache and REALLY didn't want to wait for the bus.) Kurt drove us all the way from Grindelwald to Venice. He was a fabulous driver - discussed the route with us, explained Swiss history, showed us unusual sights (air fields, hydro power dams) and also knew how to let us have silence and space for our own thoughts. And, he had learned on the first day that I was a flutist and for the long ride to Venice, he brought along James Galway CD's and music he thought I would enjoy. Made the ride so enjoyable and I so appreciated his thoughtfulness.

Carmen had little gifts coming our way from the moment we set foot in the country. Chocolates, pens (really nice ones) and pocket knifes engraved with our names. On the way home 10 days later, not thinking, we forgot to check Bob's knife. Security properly confiscated it and we were forlorn. Bob loves pocket knifes and had to leave it behind. I wrote Carmen asking to buy another from her for Bob's birthday. She had one re-engraved to my specifications, sent it in a package with (another) small gift for me, and wouldn't hear of being reimbursed. She shipped Bob another one in time for his birthday with her best wishes.

Swiss Safaris gets my highest recommendation. If you're plannig a trip to Switzerland/northern Italy, check them out. It was the best choice we could have made for our vacation. Thanks Carmen and Kurt! Marianne and Bob

6  Thank CoachMarianne
SwissSafari, Owner at SwissSafari GmbH, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2014

Dear Marianne and Bob
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am very happy that you enjoyed your holidays in Switzerland and Italy and that our service met your expectations. For Kurt and me it was a pleasure to spend some time with you - thank you for having been our guests and for your trust in us!
All the best - we hope to see you again one day!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was discouraged trying to arrange our family trip to Switzerland with local travel agencies. Fortunately, I found Swisssafari and Carmen Abei on the internet. I read the positive reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to contact Swisssafari. During the planning period, we communicated frequently and Carmen always returned my emails promptly. Any hesitations I had planning this trip on my own were quickly alleviated by the professionalism of Carmen. Our guide, Kurt, was exceptional. He related well with the 7 adults and especially with our 4 teenage grandchildren. The trip was above any expectations I ever had. Not having to worry about driving, gasoline, toll roads, dinner reservations, etc was a real positive. Please refer to my daughter-in-laws review of the many details of our trip which I can only reaffirm. I would highly recommend Swisssafari and Carmen.
Peter W

9  Thank Petewip
SwissSafari, Geschäftsführer at SwissSafari GmbH, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Pete,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this rating.
With pleasure I read that our service met your expectations and that you had a wonderful holiday and a good time in Switzerland. It was my personal highlight to meet you in person.
Thank you again for having been our guests - it was a pleasure to create this tour for you - together with you!
Sincerely, Carmen

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My family and I just returned from a 10 day trip to Germany/Switzerland. My husband's great great grandfather immigrated to the United States in c.1890 from Altdorf, Switzerland. In 1985, my husband's parents took him and his two brothers to tour the country of their heritage. They all loved it so much they decided to go back. This time there were 11 of us. We were incredibly blessed that my father-in-law found Carmen and Swiss Safari! Carmen Abei worked patiently and communicated frequently for many months before our trip to ensure that no detail was missed. Our itinerary was absolutely perfect! Our transportation was very comfortable in our large Mercedes van that could accommodate 20 passengers. All our hotels were beautiful and unique as well as being strategically located to sites or shopping. Our itinerary included Castle Neuschwanstien in Fussen, Germany, Mt. Pilatus in Lucerne, Emmantel, Bern, Altdorf (home of William Tell), Einsiedeln Monastery, Grindelwald and a trip to Junfraujoch with some hiking, Castle Chillon, Zermatt and the Matterhorn with more incredible hiking and Zurich. It was a full week but expertly organized by Swiss Safari!

As for our driver and guide, Kurt, well he was an absolute pleasure! He was timely, patient, funny, energetic and extremely knowledgable. There could not have been more than 2 or 3 questions he could not answer for us, and we had plenty! He knew the history of the land, the roads, and translated for us when necessary. He even knew the names of the many beautiful flowers we passed on our way. He knew all the ins and outs of getting around and seeing the sites, buying tickets for us in advance when it was possible, and basically making it the most worry free vacation myself and probably the rest of the crew have ever experienced. He's a congenial, happy individual and it was infectious!

As for the country itself, I have never been to a more beautiful place. The lush green valleys, the neatly manicured farmlands, the gorgeous mountains, the charming Swiss chateaus with the bright flower boxes on every window, the magnificent castles, the crystal blue lakes and streams, the powerful waterfalls, the clear air... I am completely enchanted.

I recommend Carmen Abei and Swiss Safari with absolutely no reservations. They are professional, personable and courteous. Thank you so much Carmen and Kurt for making this vacation one that will always be remembered as one of the best times of our lives. It would not have been possible without the hard work of both of you!

12  Thank Allison W
SwissSafari, Inhaber at SwissSafari GmbH, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Allison,
Many thanks for this fantastic review and for the time you have invested to post it!
I am happy that the tour lifed up to your expectations and that you and your family could enjoy a worry free time in Switzerland. This is what a holiday should be like.
For me it was a pleasure to ceate this tour for your family and Kurt truly enjoyed being your driver/guide.
Thank you for your trust in us and for sharing this time with us! We would be happy to welcome you back to our homeland in the future.
All the best to you all!