Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$77
View deal
Tripadvisor$77
Priceline$78
Hotels.com$77
Travelocity$77
Orbitz.com$77
All reviews walled garden leisure facilities the main hotel christmas party executive room lovely hotel wedding reception evening meal coffee machine changing rooms a lovely stay wedding breakfast following morning cooked breakfast stayed for one night comfy bed wine and dine
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 July 2022 via mobile

Pulled up .. reception un manned, finally checked in was told nothing , no idea where the spa was, no idea which bar to go get a drink from, no idea about anything really!! quite lucky we found our room that's how it felt, later given chipped glass for my wine asked them to swop my glass as it cut my lip, asked them to swop my full glass of wine from my bottle to a new glass, they just brought me a new glass and threw my wine away it was £22 a bottle. Food shocking extremely well done steak I asked for rare no idea how you can get that so wrong ice cream brought to me to say sorry I'm diabetic, heated towel rail in room not turned on can't dry my shorts for the pool tomorrow, hairs in bathroom sink and the shower plug blocked up so much water fills shower tray, one final and the most important thing that spoiled my journey do not speak to the staff they do not want to talk back trust me and I don't usually talk to ppl lol, two positives there is one receptionist who seems to know and like her job she seems to do a lot to be fair she was everywhere helping people wish I new her name to write it she's English speaking not the girl with dark hair she had blondish and I'm sorry to sound rude slightly older than most hotel reception people sorry for that comment the other positive is the spa isn't bad

Room tip: Avoid? This hotel
1  Thank honestreviews2020202
Scott Marsh, Other at Barton Manor Hotel & Spa, BW Signature Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2022

Hi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear that you faced a few issues during your stay here at Barton Manor Hotel. Regarding your comments on our reception, I would like to apologise for the reception not being manned when you arrived and that you were not informed of the details of the hotel. I have raised this with our reception manager, and we are putting measures in place to ensure this doesn't happen again. I have also informed our housekeeping team with the comments you have made on your room which they are looking into to make sure it doesn't happen again. Regarding comments on our Walled Garden Restaurant, I am sorry to hear again you faced a few issues. I do believe the restaurant team did offer to change your meal and asked if you would like anything different, the ice cream was a gesture as an apology and the team wouldn't have known you were diabetic. Thank you for the comments on our spa and also for the comments on the reception member of staff. If you would like to discuss anything further, please feel free to contact me: scott@bartonmanorhotel.co.uk

Many Thanks

Reviewed 21 July 2022

We really enjoyed our stay, the room was very comfortable, the pool was amazing, the atmosphere was friendly and romantic, the flowers In our room were beautiful well worth the bot extra, the grounds are beautiful and peaceful to sit out after our meal. I would highly recommend this hotel for a romantic get away for couples

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. I am glad to hear your stay here with us at Barton Manor Hotel was a pleasant one and you enjoyed the whole experience! We highly appreciate your feedback and I have passed your comments on to our team. I hope I can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 12 July 2022

Me and my wife have been coming to Barton Grange hotel and restaurant for probably over 20 years, we’ve never had a bad experience yet but this last trip we had was even better, the Annex room was beautiful and best of all was the restaurant, the food was some of the best we’ve had it was amazing, it’s well worth a try, see you again very soon

Trip type: Travelled with family
Scott Marsh, Other at Barton Manor Hotel & Spa, BW Signature Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2022

Hi,

Thank you very much for leaving us a review! I am glad to hear you had a enjoyed your stay with us here at Barton Manor Hotel. We highly appreciate your comments regarding The Walled Garden and I have passed these on to our team.

I hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 10 July 2022 via mobile

We stayed here as close to my boyfriends graduation at Myerscough. There were proms happening each night of our two night stay but we didn’t hear them! Room was as expected and the pool/steam/sauna was lovely and quiet. Breakfast at the Walled Garden was good and we ate at the Pickled Goose across the road both nights - which was also lovely.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I am glad to hear you had an pleasant stay and you enjoyed all our facilities whilst here at Barton Manor Hotel. Thank you for the comments on our restaurant I have passed these on to our team!

I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2022

I stayed here with my husband as a mid week break, we booked through booking.com. And although it does say some guests will have rooms in the annexe, it very much feels like the annexe is the “booking.com suite”

Do not get me wrong, the hotel itself looks amazing, the grounds are gorgeous and all the staff we dealt with were lovely…… but it is short staffed.

We were checked in by a super friendly lady and given the keys to our room in the annexe building, across the car park and away from the main building.

Room it’s self was nice and clean, well stocked
It wasn’t. We were told to call reception if we wanted to order from the room service menu, there wasn’t one.

We took some time to enjoy the pool/sauna and steam room- all of which were great, they would benefit massively from a jacuzzi but in all it was very relaxing and the best part of our stay.

Rather than try to find somewhere local to eat we chose to eat in the hotel’s restaurant- this is the jewel in the crown of the hotel, it is set out really well and really reasonable price wise.

On our night of staying we chose to eat outside in the garden area, the restaurant was heaving as they had a huge table of guests.

And while this is by no means a criticism of the staff it is an area where the hotel management need to look at.

We got seated at 7.50 and ordered our food and drink, our starter arrived at 8.10. Our main course didn’t arrive until 9.10 and this was after my husband queried the time it was taking.

The food it’s self was nice enough, it just took so long to arrive we couldn’t enjoy it, again the staff were super apologetic and kept saying how busy they were, which we did understand - but we had also paid for the experience, it wasn’t a free day for us.

To top off our evening of waiting, coming back into the hotel after popping out there was no one in reception to open the gate so we were left for 20 minutes ringing reception- to the point where I had to go to the main bar and ask to be buzzed in.

It is a gorgeous hotel, there are bits that need updating but after 2 years of Covid it’s understandable why they haven’t been done.

The leisure facilities are basic but great, (however the drying station is one that all hotels should steal)

And the staff were the highlight of our stay, just too short staffed and while I understand why, it really puts an unnecessary pressure on a team who deserve more.

Would we come back? Yes for the team, no for the annexe and the waiting times.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Scott Marsh, Other at Barton Manor Hotel & Spa, BW Signature Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2022

Hi Michelle,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review and for your comments. Regarding your room, I am sorry to hear that there was no room service menu. We have had brand new ones printed and should be in all our rooms so thank you for pointing that out, this has been passed on. Regarding your experience in our Walled Garden Restaurant, I do apologise for your wait time during your meal. We had a busy weekend overall and we do try and keep wait times to a minimum as much as we can. Please contact me: scott@bartonmanorhotel.co.uk so I can try and resolve this with you. I have passed on your comments regarding our staff to our team so thank you very much!

Thank you for your feedback and I hope we can welcome you back soon