All reviews northern beaches pool area tennis courts stayed here for one night handy location queen bed room was large coffee machine business trip happy hour continental breakfast st ives good size main road plenty of parking resort facilities sydney
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for business on Good Friday, so wasn’t expecting a lot, the room was very modern well appointed, the breakfast was huge, even had a good coffee machine, made good flat white, plenty of parking and quiet.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank DubboMuzza
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here a few times as is close to work. Service, food and rooms are good. However, because I like to work out, the gym was a let down for me and made the overall experience a downer for me. The gym instructor there seemed to be rather territorial with gym. On one occasion basically asked to me to leave inside the gym saying the gym was his and not owned by the hotel. Ended up finishing my workout outside with equipment outside. Thumbs down for that treatment

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2018

Would you stay at a hotel where the manager says you can have a shower but the beds are dirty from previous guests?
***AS AN UPDATE I JUST FOUND OUT THAT THIS HOTEL HAS CHARGED US TWICE FOR THE ONE NIGHT. PAID CASH ON CHECK IN AND THEY ALSO CHARGED OUR CARD. FURTHER INCOMPETENCE OF THEIR MANAGER EMRE YUKSEL ***

My wife had to flee the hotel at 3am terrified by a group of hotel guests and the manager not only showed no compassion but was rude and insulting.

I have never left a bad review as I believe that all businesses have the right to remedy issues directly with their customers, however I have no other option in this case. The manager, Emre, at this hotel has no right dealing with the public, particular in hospitality.

On the 8th of Feb, 2018 my wife and I checked in to Checkers for one night. At check in, Emre was abrupt and rude however we got the key and went to the room. The room was clean by then, no problems there, however it was at the front on the car park, which is floodlit,and the curtains did not close all the way so people could see into the room.

Unfortunately I had to leave around 11 to fetch a sick child, my wife stayed. At approximately midnight there were a group of young people running around the hotel screaming and knocking on doors, including hers. As a woman travelling alone this was very frightening so the police were called and they drove by. When they left the kids resumed, terrorising the entire complex, including repeatedly knocking on her room door. As a woman alone and not knowing who these people were she was terrified for her safety, she ran to the car and fled at 3 am. The disturbance continued until 5 am.

These things happen, it is the way a hotel handles the situation that is important. The hotel had booked a large group of unsupervised school children from China. Which in itself is concerning that they were not supervised properly.
The next morning, Deb at reception was very understanding and concerned. I have to say she handles the situation superbly. She apologised and told my wife she would get a refund or another night free of charge.
On 10 Feb 2018 we called and subsequently went to the hotel to speak to the manager Emre. He did not listen, he did not apologise and he refused to honour the offer of compensation (apart from 20% off of a higher rate). At one point he accused me of being rude and said he would not talk to me. He spouted excuse after excuse and at one point he even joined one of his staff to the phone call and interrogated her while we were listening. He refused to provide contact details of the owning company (Miramare Gardens PTY Ltd ATF The Miramare), I hope that this review makes it to the head office so that they have the opportunity to review this appalling experience and have a chance to rectify the situation.
I have to note here are other very nice staff at this hotel however the Manager, Emre, has no customer service skills and should not deal with customers.
In any business it is the people that work for you that define your brand and reputation. In this instance Emre has done significant damage to what is a nice hotel. I hope this helps other travellers and trust that the Office of Fair trading will listen and act more than the manager of Miramare Gardens/Checkers.

Room Tip: The rooms on the floodlit car park do not have curtains that close, everyone can see in
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kirk D
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Room size was ok, On the website it had stated that it was a family suite, however we had no amenities couldn't even warm a bottle up for the baby. Beds were hard as rocks dirty dishes were never cleaned. We stayed for a week and they never vaccumed our floor they had also stated that rooms has been newly renovated as we closed out bathroom door there was a rust pile on the floor and stains on the carpet. The grounds were never cleaned up spa was cold, pool was never cleaned out and they basketball they supplied was flat. Reception was quite rude arrived for check in at 5pm and we had to call him as he was at his other hotel and wait for him. It's a shame as the grounds has so much potential.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

The room here was lovely and the bathroom was also very clean and spacious so on that basis would recommend. The only down side to this resort is the outside pool area for families. Although the size of it is great it is in need of a bit of refurbishment. Excellent location, great parking and some excellent advice from the lovely receptionist for local attractions.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family