US$ 56
  • Restaurant
US$ 80
US$ 50
  • Pool
Hotel Exe Cuenca(Cuenca)(Great Value!)
US$ 63
US$ 50
Priceline
US$ 84
  • Breakfast included
US$ 51
  • Free Internet
Bed and Breakfast Mario y Patricio(Cuenca)(Great Value!)
US$ 16
Casa de Tintas(Cuenca)(Great Value!)
US$ 63
US$ 37
1,004 results
All reviewsexcellent hotelold townpaid parkingbus stopother hotelsminute walkwould stay here againgood sizeair conrobefacilitiesgymeuroparador
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Room large, clean, quiet and comfortable. Breakfast good fresh fruit and bread etc but coffee weak however can ask for it to be made stronger. WiFi variable OK to emails. Bus stop on main road 200m towards city Center past first traffic light close to a pedestrian crossing. Every hour at approx 25 to the hour in summer and weekends. Parking on roadside is easy. Staff helpful and friendly. Definetley would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
NHCIUDADDECUENCA, Director de Recepción at NH Ciudad de Cuenca, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

I would like to thank you for the time you took to complete Tripadvisor Survey relating to your stay at the hotel I lead.
I really appreciate the comments, that I have shared with our staff, about Breakfast, wifi, location, room and staff, they are the principal of our values, a service characterized by professionalism and continuous effort to satisfy all our customers.
Hoping to welcome you for your next stay with us so that I can meet you personally.
Recive my best regards.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed at the NH Ciudad de Cuenca for one night in late July. We were attracted to this property because it offered easy parking and an easy-to-reach location. The parking lived up to expectations, with plenty free parking to be found around the hotel. We were able to find multiple spots near the park just north of the hotel.

The front desk staff were efficient and helpful. Their English was good enough to assist us with the room, but we were unhappy to find that we had been given a smoking room even though we had requested non-smoking. To be fair, we did not mention this to the hotel as we were very tired from our travels and just wanted to get some rest. Regardless, it was annoying to have had this happen. If you stay here, make sure to verify non-smoking status upon check-in.

Aside from the smoking issue, the room was clean and a bit cold. There was evidence of water damage on the walls (stains running from floor to ceiling) but this was simply a cosmetic issue. The bathroom water was a bit troublesome as it fluctuated in temperature every 30 seconds or so. While showering, there were several times where the water temperature increased dramatically and this made it difficult to shower. I had to be ready to jump out of the stream whenever this happened. Additionally, Spanish hotels do not use shower curtains but instead have glass walls that cover half of the tub to keep the water in. At this hotel, the glass wall was especially inept at holding the water and much of the bathroom got wet as a result. This would be good to keep in mind as you will not want to put electronic devices anywhere near the shower.

Despite these problems, there were still some positives to report about this location. The room came with a large free bottle of water. This was perfect for us as we were quite parched from our travels. The room had a mini-bar, tv, and coffee maker as well as a hair dryer in the bathroom. Breakfast was included in our stay and we greatly enjoyed our meal prior to departure. The offerings included eggs, meat, bread, pastries, yogurt, teas, coffee, fruit, cheese, warm milk, and juice. I would say that breakfast was probably the best part of our stay.

As hotels go, this one was not too bad, but it did leave some room for improvement. If the price is right and you just want a quick place to rest your head, this place can certainly suffice. Personally, if I were to return to Cuenca, I would probably seek out another hotel, but I wouldn't eliminate this hotel in the event that I couldn't find another reasonably priced establishment.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
NHCIUDADDECUENCA, Director General at NH Ciudad de Cuenca, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thanks for your time and for tell us about your stay at the Hotel NH Ciudad de Cuenca.
I appreciate your compliments on certain aspects of the hotel and also suggestions, I apologize for having assigned a smoking room when I had requested otherwise, we are now considering converting the hotel non-smoking hotel.
Regarding other comments we'll review the maintenance protocols to solve the above shortcomings. Thanks for your understanding.
We hope your next visit to try again.
Until then, Yours faithfully

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Just had a couple of days in this superb Spanish town. We drove here, and the hotel is ideally placed on the main road into Cuenca. Parking is free and plentiful outside the hotel and there is a circular bus that leaves every half hour directly to the very top of the town for 1 euro.. A pleasant downhill walk back, through the winding streets, beautiful views. No easy parking in the main town and very tight roads so from that point it's ideal. We walked back to the hotel from the top on 4 occasions, days and again in the evenings. It takes about 10 minutes from the central shopping area.

Next, the hotel. A good 4 star, clean and well equipped room and bathrooms. Light and bright and airey. Good quality comfortable beds and bedding. Very helpful staff. Breakfast is plentiful and good quality. All the usuals that you would expect in a 4**** hotel. Fruits and yogurts, pastries and breads, hams and cheeses, and hot options cooked to order, eggs bacon etc.

All in all we would certainly recommend this hotel, especially if you want to offload the car.

Thanks NH.

Room Tip: 213 was at the end of the corridor and looked out over an airy square with a couple of local bars, nothing noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
NHCIUDADDECUENCA, Director General at NH Ciudad de Cuenca, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

First, let me show you my sincere gratitude for taking the time in sending us your review through Tripadvisor and for the trust you have placed in our hotel.
I really appreciate the comments, that I have shared with our staff. They are the principal of our values, a service characterized by professionalism and continuous effort to satisfy all our customers. I assure you that commentes like yours provides with the esteem to continue in our daily effort. Thaks for comments about room, breakfast and especially about location, it is a perfect description, thanks a lot.
Recive my best regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Had two nights here in a Junior Suite and enjoyed every minute and was not that expensive. Checkin was easy, friendly staff who spoke good english. Our room was on the 6th floor and consisted of lounge area with TV and pod coffee machine. Plus bedroom with the biggest bed you can imagine with another TV and a mini bar. The bathroom was clean and nice toiletries and had a big spa bath and this is probably the only complaint I would have is that the space is too tight and you need to climb over the toilet to get in and out of bath/shower which could be hard for some people and a little dangerous when wet.
There is plenty of paid parking underground with direct lift access to the hotel. There is good wifi.
Breakfast is good value with hot dishes cooked to order and lots of other options.
It is a walk to the old town but not overly so. The bus does pass the hotel.
Plenty of small restuarants nearby.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
NHCIUDADDECUENCA, Director General at NH Ciudad de Cuenca, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

I really appreciate the comments, that I have shared with our staff. They are the principal of our values, a service characterized by professionalism and continuous effort to satisfy all our customers. I assure you that commentes like yours provides with the esteem to continue in our daily effort. Thaks for comments about room, wifi, parking, breakfast and location, thanks a lot.

I want to inform you that there is a project to solve the problem of space in the bathroom of the Junior Suite. I hope it can be carried out shortly.

Recive my best regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We wanted to visit Cuenca, and since we could not get a room at the Parador, we chose this hotel from Internet, considering the recommendations. And it was a very good hotel. But so far away from the Old Town we wanted to visit. Everything was to our satisfaction at the hotel, it was only the location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple