“Beautiful place to enjoy a nice meal”
Review of L'Ancora

L'Ancora
Reserve with
L'Ancora is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 278 Restaurants in Roses
Price range: US$ 18 - US$ 93
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The restaurant located on the beach heading out of Roses toward Canyelles is decorated beautiful with a great menu especially if you like fresh fish.Great choice of wines and super friendly service all go to make this place very special. Its also a great place to go weekend evenings for cocktails good G&Ts and has a fab atmosphere.

1  Thank jillian1922

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

The best fish of the world and best romana calamars i've ever tast. And for desert they has the mojito's ice most popular in town.

Reviewed 11 June 2016

L'Ancora is a bar/restaurant located by the sea in Roses. I've only been there to have some drinks, I can't talk about the food, but the music, the drinks and the crowd, are great.
It's a nice place to have a good time

Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

Visited L'Ancora today with my husband and 10-month-old son.

We should have realised from the start that this would spoil our lovely day trip to Spain when the waitress shrugged with disinterest over our desire to keep our son a reasonable distance away from smokers.

We were left a while with the menu - a good range, slightly overpriced, but considering the location; fine. I ordered the special set menu €16.50 for five different tapas; my husband ordered the hake. There was a little language confusion initially, I didn't realise the deal included all 5 dishes. All cleared up though, so all good.

My husband's hake arrived, as did 3 of my dishes. I ate these, anticipating that either the remainder would come out shortly or after I had finished. Neither of these things happened and we waited quite a while before we started doubting ourselves, grabbing a menu to check that 2 more dishes should be coming. After being ignored for a while: our waitress had clearly left for the day, I finally managed to get the attention of a young waiter. I said that I wanted the bill as we were leaving as I hadn't got all of my food. He went off. We then began packing up our things, by this point, our son is getting restless, we needed to go. The waiter is still wandering about laying tables etc, so I asked him again. Off he went again, returning shortly with the bill.

The bill was €35, I put down €30 and said that I was not willing to put down the full amount as I did not get my food. Again, more language barriers, yet when prompted by another waiter, ours then began to speak in English to us...he said that it was 'not possible' for me to pay less. I explained that I didn't get my food, I was not paying for a product I didn't get. More discussion. Eventually, as my baby wiggled in my arms, I relented and agreed to wait while someone quickly made the food.

L'Ancora does not care about the individual experience, customers will always go there because of it's location. It's simply a sad reflection of the complacency of modern culture. It's all about a quick buck, it's not about us, the customer, the one who keeps these people in business.

Carlos_Valero_Quiles, Gerente at L'Ancora, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2016

Dear guest ,

We are really sorprenddos for his bad experience in our restaurant , believe me find out what could have happened and will work hard to solve these problems.

We hope that gives us back to another time.

a greeting

Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

Excellent quality, environment, service and great view. Totally recomended.
Price to value is OK, menu of the day was perfect.
Best entrecote ever.
Try the mojito ice cream!