“Perfect night with mates ”
Review of Pequeno Mundo

Pequeno Mundo
Ranked #29 of 160 Restaurants in Almancil
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The menu comprises mainly recipes of French origin, chef Valentim Carmo, a young man who learned the profession thanks to chef Guy Doré with whom he worked for 25 years. In addition to the French cuisin, Valentim Carmo, born in the cold lands in the north of Portugal, applies those native flavors of the region in his dishes. Pequeno Mundo has been able to attract a constant clientele wishing to find dishes and flavours discovered here when of a gastronomic visit and returns with friends to share again those moments.
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Top night top wine book early as you get the best evening . A great resteraunt in the middle of no where . All the food top draw served by excellent staff as we would highly recommend.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

This is our second visit to Pequene Mundo and it was every bit as good as our visit last year. I had meat and my wife had fish. Both courses were simply delicious. I think what I love about this restaurant is that the food is at the centre of every thing, and it is cooked to perfection. Thank god no deconstructed, gimmicky or fiddle-about with food! Worth a visit if you want to be spoiled. Great wine list, but I find the house white and red fits the bill!
Mark

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

We've dined at this lovely restaurant many s time, but last Friday was sadly a disappointment. I made the booking from the UK before we travelled and was to have been the highlight of our trip this year. I confirmed the booking on Friday morning and they had changed it from 8 to 8:30, which was sort of ok, but then when we arrived wanted to seat us in the courtyard when I had specifically made and confirmed the booking for the garden, with a lot of huffing and puffing we were eventually seated where requested!

I have to say that the lovely owner wasn't present on Friday and everything was a little disorganised and chaotic, the lady acting as maitre d' did seem rather stressed and overwhelmed.

We were served sparkling water and nothing else for about the first 20 minutes although we were given the wine list, but no one came for an order and eventually I had to ask for the menus 30 minutes after being seated!!

The food, as always, was superb, but the portion sizes were sadly reduced from when we were there on previous visits, fine for me, but certainly not for the gentleman in our party.

What a shame our highlight dining experience wasn't a low point, but we had dined better this trip! We will return, but only if the lovely owner is in situ, his quiet demeanour and management of his beautiful restaurant are what makes the experience so worthwhile.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

A beautiful setting. Drinks in the garden. Choice of indoor, courtyard or patio seating.
This was a return visit after an absence of some years.
A warm welcome from the efficient staff.
Great menu choice and we enjoyed an attractive and delicious dinner with our friends.
Great choice for a special occasion. As good as I remembered.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Pequeno Mundo is in a typical Algarve-style house with a romantic outside courtyard based around a fountain. The international menu shows clear French influence. The food and service is very traditional. Everything was unpretentious and everything was perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. The Chateaubriand with béarnaise sauce is the house specialty and we enjoyed this as well as king prawns with a curried mango curry. Desserts are equally delectable - try the trio if you are having difficulty deciding. Simply outstanding. The restaurant also offers a fine selection of wines from Portugal and France. Pequeno Mundo is a truly special place and a perfect location for an intimate, romantic meal. One of the best in the golden triangle and now firmly on our list of favourites.