“lovely hotel & terrace but not so great food”
Review of Hotel Mohnenfluh

Hotel Mohnenfluh
Ranked #24 of 55 Restaurants in Lech
Cuisines: Austrian
Description: This is a negative review. They may not wish to be added!
Description: This is a negative review. They may not wish to be added!
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Prices were quite steep and food quality was below average, therefore we felt ripped off, but more importantly we felt as though we wasted a meal! So many other great places to choose from.
We sat on the beautiful terrace, that really does have a gorgeous view. Our server was pretty useless and we had to ask for everything twice, including English menus, cutlery, glass of ice...etc. We started with the beef soup, which I order at every restaurant we go to because I love it, but this one was quite bland- even with salt. My husband ordered a Frankfurter which according to the description on the menu actually sounded good and rather substantial, but sadly, it was nothing more than lousy children's hotdog that mostly likely came from a frozen pack of 8 from any supermarket! I had the Käsespätzle pasta and again it was very bland compared to other ones I've had at other restaurants. For dessert, I attempted to be 'adventurous' and ordered an Austrian specialit, Germnodel, 'yeast bun' or dumpling, served with butter or vanilla sauce. As I don't care for very sweet sauces, I opted for the butter thinking it would be a "drizzle" of browned butter or something to that effect, however this Germnodel literally came swimming in about an inch of melted butter! Just looking at it made me feel sick! Very Disappointing!

The hotel itself actually looks beautiful with a very tasteful, modern, yet cosy mountain-chalet chic feel, which really worked. The gorgeous terrace had stunning views and on a sunny day, is an amazing place to hang out on. Shame the food was so poor, and expensive too!!

I only gave it 3 stars because of the setting.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

There is really only one reason to eat here and it has to be the sunny terrace. Which is such a gift, it seems that food and service are very secondary.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

Hotel and restaurant which are located alongside one of the ski runs in the picturesque town of Lech.
The restaurant has seating inside, on the terrace which overlooks the landscape and a seating area with coffee tables,arm chairs and sofas and sun loungers on the ground.
Inside the restaurant and on the terrace there is a service of the waiters.
At lunchtime the place is busy and the service is a bit slow.In the open ground there is a self-service from the bar.

The food is good, the portions are large and satisfying.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

we celebrated the birthday of a young friend at Mohnenfluh on August 9th dinner; the location is really nice: it's a restaurant with charme in the beautiful village of Oberlech.
the food was quite good (a perfect wiener schnitzel is highly recommended). The service provided by a young prompt kind waiter (his nome is Peer, probably : sorry I am not sure) was a plus in the dinner

Reviewed 12 April 2016

This was one of the first places we had lunch. We sat outside in the variable weather and the views were quite breathtaking.
The place was rather packed and therefore our lunch order did take sometime.
If you were to avoid the main lunch rush, I think service would be better.
Food was ok, though presentation was mediocre.