“Great Tapas”

Amona Pintxos & Tapas Bar
Ranked #7 of 30 Restaurants in Warrawong
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Went here following a movie on a Sunday evening - no one else there which wasn't a great sign BUT we were welcomed and had best Tapas we have had in the Wollongong area. Five tasty dishes and some great wine. The garlic prawns were superb and the vegetarian croquettes divine. Will be back.

2  Thank rexleighton

Reviewed 24 June 2017

We used to come to the former Italian restaurant at this address, until we got fed up with the poor service. So came back to give a new Spanish make over a try and were not disappointed. We just had the tapas menu and between 6 of us tried 10 dishes. Some better than others but were pleased with our meal. The service was good and fast despite there being some large groups there. Will def go back but not sure about the paella. It looked good but quite pricey I thought.

1  Thank lyn4268
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

I went with a group of friends. We all had a great time and the food was simply amazing. We ordered many different dishes and all shared amongst ourselves. None of us was disappointed

Reviewed 11 March 2017

Was iffy about going back to this restaurant but since there are few restaurant just down the road from us and we had a hard day thought we would stop in again. We will never go back.

I would give this a terrible rating instead of just poor but the staff tried hard that night. My terrible rating was on the food. The mussels were old, they smelt and when I spoke to the waitress she confirmed this was not the first time someone had complained, We had 2 mussel dishes as part of the tapas choice and the stuffed mussels smelt the moment I put my fork into them. This kind of thing is unacceptable .
The owner who seemed very happy to greet her guests when they are happy made sure to hide when this complaint came through and left it to a young girl staff member to handle.
It is such a same , the only way this restaurant could have ever survived is through excellence and freshness of produce ,as most people go to the larger town near by especially on a Saturday night. If the restaurant had multiple complaints they should have removed the dish of the menu as they are not selling enough seafood to meet acceptable quality .
We will never go back.

1  Thank DanielaUhlig
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

We went 4 adults and 2 kids, it took too long for staff to even offer us drinks... Then finally we ordered food and were told paella takes 45 mins which we were more than happy to wait so we ordered entrees and food for the kids. We specifically stated the kids drinks to come out with their meals and that did not happen. Then the entress came out at long intervals so we had to watch each other eat whilst waiting for our entrees. The first paella which was seafood was given to the table whilst my wife an I waited for our paella. Our family finished eating their paella and we still did not have ours. I felt like an idiot watching them eat whilst waiting and hoping our meal would come out any second which it didnt. We did not share the first paella as my wife and I do not eat seafood. We asked where our mixed meat paella was and after staff enquired stated that it was not ready but they could serve it now if we did not mind that the rice was not completely cooked and would be slightly hard. We had two little children who had finished eating and because it had been so long decided to get the paella now. Finally food was served and our family now had to sit and wait whilst my wife and I were able to finally eat. I woulnt winge but it was not like the place was packed or busy, cant imagine how they cope if it was flat out. Now positives, nice look, staff friendly, food was great besides hard rice. Would I go back???possibly but not with a group. But I would like to thank friendly service staff, not their fault for kitchen being unorganised.

1  Thank BigGerg1