Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Merrick's Noosa Learn to Surf tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Noosa
from US$ 143.00
from US$ 94.60
from US$ 57.90
from US$ 99.00
More Info
All reviews private lesson great lesson these guys beach safety group lesson riding waves whole group hour lesson explained everything fantastic instructor money well spent super fun perfect location two hours thank you so much a lot of fun an amazing experience
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Our family and friends have been having lessons from these guys for years and this year Murray and Song have decided to learn to surf properly. They're loving the lessons, the teachers are fantastic and it's never a problem to re-arrange lessons where needed to accommodate our busy lives. Loving going down every Saturday and early mornings before school to practice in the hot weather as well.

louiemez, Owner at Merrick's Noosa Learn to Surf, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Thanks Lyndal, it was great to have Murray and Song, great to have you all back :)

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Couldn't have asked for a better instructor than Jamie, he had everyone in the lesson up ridin' waves and having a blast. I stuck around and rented a board and these guys were full of helpful tips and support. Thanks team, love your work!

Het Maddie, thanks for the positive feedback, stoked to hear you had a blast :)

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Booked in for the 9am lesson through my hostel - yha

Was greeted at 8:45 by three surf instructors, provided with a bucket to store my belongings. Given a red rash vest with 3/4 length sleeves and a surf board. All equipment provided was great quality.

I was put in a group with the frenhie ‘Antiny’ With four others. We were first taught on the sand the basics and the full technique was split into three stages. After each discussion we were taken into the water to practise.

Antony spoke clearly, was really friendly and happy! His enthusiasm was great beachside I was very nervous of the waves as I had had a terrible experience with a group lesson in Byron Bay. He picked up on this and was very helpful, and really reinstalled my confidence!

After an hour we took a water break which was much needed and much appreciated.

The whole group enjoyed the lesson and we all sucrsully stool up many times and by the end were really enjoying ourselves, Antony watched us and gave us great constructive tips to ensure our technique was right and also safe.

A really good little surf school. Would highly reconmend it to anyone wantekng to give surfing a go!!

Thabk you so much Antony! You were great! I

louiemez, Owner at Merrick's Noosa Learn to Surf, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Thanks for your awesome review Becky, glad you got your confidence back and you enjoyed your lesson :)

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Best 2 hours I have spent at the beach in a long time, and I live near the beach in WA but never thought to do a surf lesson.
It was a great way to spend my birthday on the sunny coast.
It was only 2 of us so we got a private lesson.
Jimmy's instructions were simple and I managed to stand up first time.
I enjoyed the chat and social aspect of the lesson.
I really liked the info on beach safety and rips.
I will be back with a pod of people next time.
Recommend doing this to everyone.
The water was a great temp. and location excellent.
Loved it.

louiemez, Owner at Merrick's Noosa Learn to Surf, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Thanks for your awesome review and Happy Birthday, we are glad you chose to learn to surf in beautiful Noosa. See you again sometime :)

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

In a two hour lesson Jamie had us engaged, amused, educated and best of all up and surfing! Top stuff, 7/5 would recommend.

Cool review John, Thank you! :)