“Stunning location and service”

Rickys River Bar + Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 379 Restaurants in Noosa
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 November 2017

From the moment we walked in to Ricky’s and the maître de greeted me by name I knew the attention to detail was high. The decor is stunning and the location superb. The level of service was probably the best I’ve experienced without being intrusive; however whilst the food was fairly good it didn’t live up to the overall standard. We sampled the fish finger with whipped roe, the flash fried school prawns and the Moreton bay bug on brioche for starters. None was a stand out. I had the seafood and fennel bisque for main course. It was very light on seafood and had a slightly unpleasant bitter flavour. In my experience the roasting of whole prawns in their shell can impart an intestinal tract and head mustard flavour which can be unpleasant. My companion and I sampled a number of dishes on the night. it was a lovely dining experience but we were slightly disappointed by the food. There wasn’t one dish that was really memorable and we both questioned whether we had received value for money. I would go back again to give it another chance and sample more from the menu as in every other way it exceeded, but this time “Ricky’s” I want more from you. Please deliver.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We had a fabulous celebration for lunch in this relaxing but hip restaurant in a gorgeous location overlooking the river. Food was consistently amazing, well presented and delicious for every course and service was impeccable. Nothing was too difficult and it made our experience so enjoyable for our family of 26. Highly recommended, we
could not fault it.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Had dinner at Ricky's recently with friends and it was very busy which did make it a little noisy. We all had a lovely dinner though, food was excellent and service was good. We have visited Ricky's over the years when we stay in Noosa and we always enjoy our dinner there.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Attended Melbourne Cup Function. Food excellent plus entitled to one glass of Champagne, no tea or coffee this had to be purchased!!! The cost to attend function was $150, happy to pay as I had always wanted to go to this restaurant.
Could not see the race as tv screen not visible from seating asked about this was told....everyone at Ricky's stands for the cup ????? Overall I was disappointed will not go there again

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

A really good restaurant.
Great service and ambience.
The menu is not huge but the quality of the food is great.