All reviewsyacht clubacross the roadthe riverseparate bedroomgreat locationwaterfront restaurantsingle bedfree wifigympie terraceoff street parkingstayed for one nightwithin walking distancetwo night stayheated poolair condining tablecooking facilities
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Best Motel we have been in Australia. Great value for money, friendly and helpful staff, good location and free wifi with no limits.
There is a nice pool open all day with BBQ, if you feel like and a little garden where you can sit and relax for a while.
Apartment was simply amazing: comfortable kitchen with all things you need, nice modern bathroom, cool room and only the birds to wake you up in the morning.

I would definitely suggest this place to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
DarrenJackie, General Manager at Noosa Sun Motel & Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Thanks for your great comments. Both Jackie and Myself (Darren) were thrilled that you found us to be your best motel experience in Australia. I was also delighted to hear that you enjoyed the free unlimited wifi. We are the only motel on the Sunshine Coast to offer this, and are receiving great feedback about this. Thanks again and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

The host was very friendly and promptly show us to our room when we arrive. Room was extremely clean, tidy and cosy. We stayed overnight for our flight home the next day. The place was extremely close to the airport and also the beach (right at their backyard :)). Manage to hang out on the beach in the morning prior to checking out for our flight home. Highly recommended :) Cheers

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your comments. I will pass on your positive feedback regarding your housekeeping comments to my staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon. So you can stay in touch with Noosa Sun specials and promotions make sure you like our facebook page. Thanks again.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

We stayed in a view room in the building overlooking the main road. If you are looking for apartment-style accommodation in Noosa and don't need the big resort pool feel, we would recommend the Noosa Sun Motel. Good value, comfortable, clean and very convenient.
The pros include: the location is nice and an easy walk to Noosaville restaurants and activities on the Noosa River, or bus to Noosa Heads; rooms, towels, bedding were very clean; automatic check-in was easy and staff were friendly and helpful on following days; king bed is very comfortable; pool area is small but nice and clean; free undercover parking; spacious rooms; great to be able to get extra towels and supplies from guest laundry if needed.
No major cons really. If I had to be picky, our bathroom had some mould on the ceiling that didn't look great in an otherwise clean, modern bathroom. The shower didn't drain very well, even after the manager looked at it, not a big issue though. The room was quiet at night, we slept fine - as other people have said there can be quite noisy traffic on the main road during the day so if this would bother you, maybe request a room in the other building.
We would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank-you for your recent review. I'm glad that you liked the motel and the location. As I'm typing this I'm watching 3 people paddle surf opp along the Noosa River, children swimming in the little river beach opp and a few guys fishing. I guess that's why everyone loves the location. Thank-you for advising me of the couple of small issues you had, these issues have now been addressed. Once again thanks for the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

Have to agree with the other reviewers that this motel is really good. Darren could not be more welcoming and went out of his way (which was hard on crutches!) to give us all the local nor action we needed. Best recommendation was to go to the waterfront restaurant opposite for the best fish & chips supper we have ever had!! Our apartment was very comfortable, spotlessly clean, overlooking the river. Easy walking distances to restaurants and shops. A drive from Main Beach but worth it. Super fast wifi kept our teenage son happy. Would not hesitate to stay again!!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
DarrenJackie, General Manager at Noosa Sun Motel & Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2012

Thanks for your great review Julie. I'm of the crutches now and back running around catching up on all the chores I neglected. I'm glad you found the WiFi to be super fast. This is something we have been working on so it's great when we get feedback like that. Our WiFi is not only fast we are also the only accommodation place in Noosa that offers free unlimited WiFi. I concur with your comments about the fish & chips over the road. They really are special mmm I'm hungry just thinking of them. Thanks again.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

My wife and myself have just returned from a 3 night break staying at the Noosa Sun. We stayed in the back area with a view of the canal, it's a lovely calm area with a great outlook. The rooms are spotlessly clean with all the cooking amenities you need to be self sufficient, not that we needed to use them, with an abundance of restaurants within walking distance. My wife loved the soap dispensers mounted in the shower and above the basin in the bathroom. Darren & Jackie, the owners are the most friendly and welcoming people who go out of their way to make you feel comfortable, even helping to load our cases into the car. We walked every day along the river paths opposite the motel, and had a wonderful relaxing break without breaking the bank on accommodation costs. The Noosa-Tewantin ferry stops at the Yacht Club directly opposite, and this means no parking problems in Hastings street, if you choose to visit there. We will be going back next year and highly recommend the Noosa Sun, thanks in no small way to Darren and Jackie.

Room Tip: The rooms with a canal view would be our first choice, no traffic noise and a lovely outlook.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
DarrenJackie, General Manager at Noosa Sun Motel & Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Thank-you for your very kind comments. Jackie and I were thrilled that you were happy with our service. I will also pass on your comments to our housekeepers that you found the room spotlessly clean. I also love the soap dispensers. They are a quality German made soap that have been very popular with our guest. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.