Review Highlights

Fantastic!

Reviewed 3 January 2018
Karen1721
Perth Australia

All reviews canoe trip home made cakes in depth knowledge morning tea the river half day tour sense of humour karri forest andy flora nature scenery information
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing canoe trip with Andy; he was absolutely generous with the time he gave us and how patient has he been with our young baby as well. We went for half day tour with Andy and will highly recommend this tour even with the young kids and those who don't want to walk that much. Great Flora information and the best is Andy's sense of humour and his diverse experience. A thorough gentleman! Cheers m8!

Reviewed 6 January 2018

My wife and I did the half day canoeing with Andy the guide. Andy is a local who has an excellent knowledge of the area, the environment and nature. It was great chatting to him and listening to his passion for nature. He takes you into virgin Karri forest, pointing of interesting flora and fauna along the way. He also provided morning tea with homemade cake. I would highly recommend this tour. Thanks Andy!

Reviewed 3 January 2018

My husband and I went on the half-day kayaking tour with our guide Andy, who not only had an in- depth knowledge of the river but is a passionate environmentalist with an obvious love of this beautiful area. He is also extremely engaging with the group and we had loads of fun. We thoroughly recommend the tour to enjoy another aspect of this beautiful part of our South-West.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Wonderful activity. Booked the half day canoe tour. The river was calm and the scenery was breathtaking. Andy was an amazing host. A great outing for families. Definitely must do while in Pemberton!

Reviewed 30 April 2017

My partner and I had a great time kayaking on the Warren river. Andy was an excellent guide and a lovely person. Andy accommodated our trip at the last minute (we only booked with him the day before) and he brought along a really nice morning tea. The trip was really good value for money, and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Pemberton.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Our guide Andy was absolutely wonderful. He was friendly, passionate about conservation, has a great sense of humour and is very knowledgeable about the local area, flora and fauna. We had a great time kayaking and enjoyed a hot drink and light picnic by the river at sunset before heading out for round two with our spotlights. Unfortunately not a lot of wildlife were out and about although we spotted kangaroos, marron, bats and fish. Kayaking under the stars was surreal and so very beautiful. With no artificial light to interfere the sky was full and the milkyway way at its brightest. This trip was incredible value for money.

Reviewed 20 January 2017

Spent an enjoyable morning kayaking up and down on the Warren river as a family group with others, guided by Andy. A great way to soak up the natural beauty and isolation of the Warren River and National Park. We were even treated to some home made cakes & tea/coffee etc at a halfway stop. Advisable to take a change of pants with you in case the paddling goes a bit wrong and some water gets sprayed inside the kayak.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

We loved our Canoeing trip down Warren river. Andy was very friendly, funny and a great companion. It was a half a day well spent paddling up and down the river. He even made us morning tea under the cool trees with home grown ingredients. Highly recommend to anyone who would like to have a relaxing time while enjoying the natural beauty of the river and the forest.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

Upon reading the raving reviews on TripAdvisor and thinking canoeing in Pemberton would be a great experience for my children, I booked a half day canoeing expedition with Pemberton Hiking and Canoeing. Communicated with Andy on email and he was very responsive and offer great advise for us.

During the trip, my husband's trigger finger flared up and the pain made him think twice about canoeing. The children were also hesitant and were afraid to get wet. Andy was very nice, he accommodated our requests and changed to a half day hiking tour. He asked us where we had been so far, and planned an itinerary just for us. And even while on the hike, after meeting us, he got to know the children, and changed the itinerary again to bring us to the sand dunes where the children had a tremendous time, running and just jumping off the sand cliffs! Andy has vast knowledge of the WA forests and gave us very detail explanation on the trees, plants and wildlife in the forests. It was like science field trip for our younger kids, and seeing their science lessons come to life. Andy brought us to the Bicentienial Tree, and it was a great challenge for our 3 youths to make the climb.

And at the end of the day, Andy made us a nice cup of tea/coffee, with cakes and fresh apples he grew. That is a lovely end to a our best day during our WA tour. Thank you Andy, indeed it was not what we planned for but a highlight of our trip. The children miss the sand dunes so much they want to come back again!

Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

Had a lovely relaxing time on river. Should be more people in this world like you Andy ☺ extremely friendly and genuinely interested in the world around us. Thanks for a great morning.