“Water for the roses”

Emu Point Motel & Apartments
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I was only at this motel for one night. It was easy to book online and the unit had a very reasonable tariff. I had an end unit and the parking was good at the front. The unit was simple in a seaside sort of way and I thought it looked inviting after a long day driving. But...getting no sleep that night will be my lasting impression. It may have been the military hardness of the beds and the austere one sheet and thin duvet. It may have been the dripping of the shower all night that a towel placed underneath couldn't dampen (the washer needed replacing urgently). It was definitely the reticulation starting up and hissing and wheezing at 3am. I assume the roses at the end were being watered, or maybe the grass. The timing wasn't good though.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Brian G, Manager at Emu Point Motel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Thank you for staying with us and reviewing our property. I do regret your disturbed sleep. We've not had the noise of sprinklers mentioned before and no our priority certainly isn't "the roses" when it comes to watering. Unfortunately the coastal winds ensure that there are only a few hours in the early morning for us to water efficiently to minimize wind drift and evaporation. I will be looking at alternatives to that though - thanks for drawing it to my attention.
On bed comfort: The room bedding is set up for summer comfort and there are additional blankets in the robe should it be needed. The majority of our guests do speak highly of our beds so I perhaps its really a matter of personal preference.
Thanks again for staying with us, good luck on your travels and if you are ever in this area again we'd love to show you our Deluxe and Executive rooms.
Regards - Brian (Mgr)

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Emu Point Motel & Apartments

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Recently stayed in Albany were only going to stay 1 night but ended up staying 2. Motel clean, excellent in room internet availability staff very friendly and best value for money accommodation we had on holiday, upgraded at no extra cost. Grounds great for sitting in and enjoying a glass of WA wine. Missed the Squid and Shack as was closed Monday and Tuesday. Thanks for making our stay so memorable

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SueAndrew5
Brian G, Manager at Emu Point Motel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thank you so much for your review Sue. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you enjoyed your travels here in WA. We'd love to see you again and hope to get a chance to better explore your part of the world - the sun, the wine and the beaches.
Beast wishes from us at Emu Point

Reviewed 29 January 2012

We booked in this motel for only night and regretted that we did not book for another night or two. The rooms were clean and complete with cooking/heating appliances and utensils that we could use during our stay. The location is just walking distance from the beach which is excellent.
Very friendly owners/staff. In our next visit, we will stay here again. :)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nuts4nuts
Brian G, Manager at Emu Point Motel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Thanks very much for your review. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and in Albany

Reviewed 10 January 2012

The motel was very basic but we found it to be clean and it had everything we needed. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and gave us some good suggestions as to places to eat and places to see. For dinner we went to the the 'Squid Shack' down at the Emu Point marina..it exceeded all of our expectations. The fish is fresh and tasty and there are wine glasses in the fridge if you take your own bottle of wine. The Emu Point Cafe at the end of Mermaid Avenue is great for breakfast and the 'Hangover' breakfast will fill even the biggest of appetites.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank OnTheWayHome

Looks like you had an enjoyable time down here - that's great.
Thanks for your review

Reviewed 2 January 2012

We had to stay here over New Year as there were no caravan park chalets available until early Jan. I should have heard warning bells when there were still rooms vacant so late in December!!
I had to move a cupboard to plug in a charger and there was so much dirt and even pubic hairs that I doubt it had been properly cleaned for some time.
The alleged playground was a swing set.
The ancient washing machines left our clothes covered in lint.
No ABC on the TV, so no ABC 2 for kids.
As for service, what service??? I could never get hold of anyone. Even when we tried to check out I called and waited for 10 minutes and no one came. In the end I had to leave the key in the unattended office.
The next morning I get a call to tell me that I was being charged an extra night because my son had wet the bed and the room couldn't be used. I was very embarrassed and of course agreed to pay the charge straight away. Instead of leaving it at that, the woman started to lecture me about bed wetting. If I had known of course I would have tried to fix it, but I didn't, and I agreed to the charge so I did not need a lecture.
Families, there are many places to choose from in Albany where you will be treated with courtesy and get clean accommodation and much better value for money. Avoid this place.

• Stayed: December 2011
9  Thank CanguraWa
Brian G, Manager at Emu Point Motel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

My wife and I took over management of this property early Oct 2011. We were absent during the time that the complainant was a guest. Our relieving managers acquainted us of the incident on our return prior to us hearing of the guests complaint. We have, however, looked into this incident as guest satisfaction is paramount to us.
Other guests during our absence have only spoken highly of the courtesy and service extended to them by the relief managers and I wonder if there was any substance other than emotion and the fact that the room had to be taken out of service (thus loss of revenue) to allow thorough cleaning - hence the cleaning charge, normal industry practice.
Guest booked 1 month in advance for 4 days and during her stay not once did she raise the issue of housekeeping standards - (our "standards" reap copious praise from other guests.
The mattress was fouled more than once as evident by attempts to clean up with motel towels and therefore one could imply that she knew of the problem but failed to advise us.
Guest (was alleged to have) responded aggressively when the incident was raised.
We welcome comments both praise and (constructive) criticism but In light of the above I feel that the review was unfair and unworthy.