All reviewsview of the lakesliding doorawesome foodin house restaurantvery pleasant stayroom was cleanart traileasy parkingfeel very welcomehidden gemstay there againsolehot waternext morninghalls gaproad noiseducks
Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

We have just come after staying a week in this fantastic Motel. From checkin to checkout the staff and service was fantastic. When inside the room there is a sliding door out to the lake, where we were created by 2 black swans, what a treat to just sit outside and watch them and some ducks swim around.
We ate at the attached Macs restaurant which has beautiful food and reasonable price meals.

The only downside to the motel was, there was no cupboards in the bathroom to put things nor in the room itself.
Would I stay again? To right I would.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Over the last couple of months I had the pleasure of being a regular visitor to the Stawell area, and chose to stay at Magdala motor lodge, very nice rooms and surroundings , the staff are very friendly and the meals are second to none, I had the pleasure to meet the owners and staff and to watch the two chefs at work, they are both very dedicated and professional who expect nothing but the best presented meals and this shows in the presentation and taste, if I ever had the chance I'd pick the Magdala to stay that's for sure.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed the roominess of this motel even though it was probably built in the 70's and needs redecorating. The room was clean and had everything we needed. We liked the view over the lake with just a few mozzies hanging about.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2016

Going up & down the Western Highway so many times over the years, I had watched this property being built but had never stayed there. This weekend I had the opportunity to do so for a night & I could see that over the years it would have been the hi light of Stawell township but noticed that the property has become very 'tired' & does need a lot of detailed attention to it BUT to be fair, I believe the new owners have only recently taken over so I'm sure they're aware that they have a lot of work to be done ahead of them. The rooms are very clean & huge & have wonderful views over the mote which surrounds the property with gum trees & there is nothing like a water view from your door but there needs to be a lot of tidying up to bring it back to its original condition. Very quiet property with frogs croaking from the mote at night & at dawn the birds start their crowing & chirping. One thing you get here is fresh air which is provided through the sliding doors with a security bolt. There is a split system for heating & cooling. There are no shampoos, soaps, shower caps & extras you usually find but there is a good hair dryer on the bench. No Continental breakfast in dining room; only a tray to your room. One power point in bathroom & difficulty to fill electric jug with water without a plastic jug due to awkward shaped handbasin. We had dinner in the dining room & excellent food provided by Chef. Hayley the waitress was very attentive to us & a delight & suggested the particular local wine we would enjoy & she was spot on but presentation is everything - walking across the restaurant hands wrapped around the glasses of wine isn't the way to go as you always present drinks from a tray to compliment the beautiful meals & service. There is always room for improvement & I'm sure the Management of this property will make it the Resort it should be as it is so very inviting to drive into off the highway. I'm sure the kids would enjoy staying here but be aware there is no security fencing from the rooms to the mote so keep the security door snibbed. Personally I enjoyed my stay as the beds & space was an added bonus. This is the gateway to the Grampians & is ideal for families too. Try it. You will enjoy.

Room Tip: All rooms look out onto the mote but there is no safety for toddlers from room to waters' edge.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2016

We loved the outlook of this motor lodge which is why we chose it. The room was spacious and clean with a rear door out to the lake area. Wild life ducks and birds a plenty. the owner was very welcoming, our breakfast was on time and delicious. Eggs and Bacon of course.

Room Tip: Our room was at the end of the drive way. We could hear some trucks late at night but it was very peaceful.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple