Armadale Serviced Apartments
Art Series - The Cullen(Prahran)(Great Value!)
US$ 184
US$ 66
Toorak Manor(Toorak)
US$ 76
US$ 74
St. Kilda Junction Accommodation(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
US$ 158
US$ 129
  • Fitness centre
US$ 113
US$ 83
  • Restaurant
Pullman Melbourne Albert Park(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 151
  • Pool
Hotel Claremont(Melbourne)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 October 2015

It wasn't the cleanest nor newest place, but it was ok for our purposes - arriving late, grabbing dinner in one of the many nice restaurants along Carlisle Str. and then heading out early the next morning.

I would not want to spend more than a night here, although a good part of the property seems to be rented out to medium/long term residents (lots of Indians by the tempting food smells).

Major pro would be the location in a quiet residential area, with free parking after 5.30pm and close proximity to a street full of restaurants, cafes and bars aimed at local residents.

Major con would be the unfriendly management - took us ages to get our key and then we got a telling off for checking in late, despite having noted in our booking that we would be arriving late and making sure that would be ok. Also the apartments themselves ... ok, but not great. Bathroom was ok though, with old but quality fittings.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a non smoking room. Some rooms have better wifi signal than others.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ed-pvg
Reviewed 7 June 2015 via mobile

This place was absolutely putrid - I would strongly recommend no one stay here. From the minute we walked into our room it stunk of cigarette and its a non smoking building, hair all over the floor , the benches were sticky there were dirty handprints and marks all over the walls and to top it off there was blood spattered onions of the walls and that was it for us we took the keys straight back only to be extremely intimidated by the owner/manager. The whole place has a creepy vibe.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shoesnsocks
Reviewed 29 May 2015

Kitchen was unusable,microwave had something exploded in it,the toaster had something black burned on the bottom,oven had leftovers from other users, floor was littered with crumbs and dirt,bed had several long black hairs between sheets,bathroom; unless you want to get tinea or worse don't use shower,loud voices outside till early hours in the morning,an overall real BAD EXPERIENCE not recommended, its an occupational health hazard as soon as you open the door,I wouldn't leave my dog there overnight. :-(

Room Tip: Don't think there is a good room!!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank audrey v
Reviewed 25 May 2015

I made the mistake of not reading the reviews. If I arrived during the day and wasn't so tired I would have requested a refund and checked in elsewhere. Where do I start: well walked in to find carpet disgusting. It was worn with stains, the couch - I was not even going to sit on. The kitchen floor was vulgar, part of the oven missing with elements exposed, pans and cooking utensils dirty, the air con worked but it had seen better days. Spider webs in the corners of the ceiling. The bedroom - I sure hope the linen was clean - unfortunately too tired to properly investigate. The wardrobes still had dirty socks and other bits and pieces left from other poor suckers..( I mean guests)...in the bathroom the shower head was too low, possibly traces of ?blood on the tiles not too mention the odd pube...the toilet at least appeared clean. I think you get the picture so I think I will end there.

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank Mick W
Reviewed 20 May 2015

I stayed at the Armadale Serviced Apartments in May 2015 in a one bedroom apartment for 7 nights at a rate of $85.00 per night, booked via lastminute.com.

The apartment was old but essentially functional. There was a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom (bed was comfortable and clean) and lounge room. The kitchen was missing a few basic items like forks and cleaning sponges and a clock radio in the bedroom would have been good, but at the price I was paying, I'm not going to get picky here.

My problem was the cleanliness (which various other reviewers have mentioned). The furniture was old and marked. The lounge in particular looked liked it had been salvaged from the kerbside council pick up (see photo). All the walls needed a paint, or a decent clean at the very least. The real problem was the bathroom, which starred grime, mould, and hair from previous guests (again see photos). I don't want to see someone else's hair when I'm cleaning my teeth.

I don't expect luxury at this price, but the cleanliness of the room should be a given at any price. It's not about spending heaps, it's about a decent housekeeping regime, and clearly some supervision and inspections.

The accommodation is next to a convenience store and just off the intersection of Dandenong and Williams Roads (despite this it was pretty quiet at night). Trams 64 & 5 stop at the intersection every few minutes and offer good access to the city and South Eastern suburbs. The Windsor end (the interesting end) of Chapel Street is a ten minute walk up Dandenong Road. Windsor Railway station is here. Uber X gets you into the CBD for $10 - $15.

So it's a good location, but until they give the place a decent scrub and remove the hair I'll be giving the place a miss

Room Tip: Ask for a clean one
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo