“was ok, would'nt stay there again”
Review of Lorne Bay View

Lorne Bay View
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Lorne
Melbourne, Australia
“was ok, would'nt stay there again”
Reviewed 4 September 2011

room wasn't cleaned properly. the blinds were thread bare, the bed was hard. outside patio area was scruffy and had lots of weeds in the pavers.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I booked a deluxe queen spa suite for a romantic weekend away for my boyfriends birthday. The room was pretty basic but for the price ($155 per night) it was what I had expected.
The spa was really big and my only complaint is I didn't get to spend more time in it!
The 'foxtel' advertised on the website was misleading. You get fox 8 and about 4 sports channels - but none of of the foxtel channels worked at all - and neither did channel 10.
This hotel is in the perfect spot in Lorne, right next door to the Lorne Hotel (which has average but edible over priced food), great beer garden though!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
mainlorne, Manager at Lorne Bay View, responded to this review, 1 September 2011
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the large spa bath. i am sorry that you had a problem with the Foxtel, but had you mentioned it I could have easily fixed the problem. It was most likely a function on the remote control that you need to press. We look forward to seeing you again one day.
Melbourne
Reviewed 23 July 2011

No wecome by Sue-Front desk, if you can even get her to listen or attend as she is with child in arms all the time and has little time to greet and advise. This must be the only motel where there are no phones in room. When I asked why, I was told everyone has a cell phone. I replied but if I dont and as the desk is only manned from 0800 to 2000 What happens in an emergency. She replied well why would I need a phone. I said in an emergency! Bad response, go to public phone 200 metres down street. I asked for tourist info on Lorne again told to go to tourist office 800 meteres away as it's only a small place( Mind you its the nicest town on the Great Ocean Road) No help. I think she dislikes guests. I called Choice privilidges and advised of her attitude. There were hardly any guests there so I'm not surprised. I am getting fed up with Comfort Inn brand of Choice in Australia. The room was not Vacuumed whilst we were there . The room ( de luxe spa had cobwebs on windows that had not been cleaned.The Spa was also not cleaned after I used it and I dont know if it had been before). The passsage outside room was enclosed and again windows were covered in creepy crawlies webs on the outside and honestly due to the dead insects, had not been cleaned for I don't know when. I used my reward points for this stay and am glad I didnt have to pay. Rate should of been AU$170.00. per night A rip offf for mid week winter rates when most restaurants in the area were closed for the period we were there. Getting any thing done as no phones to reception was not worth the trouble.Make sure if you have a deluxe room , you ask for cooking utensils as they were'nt in room. I was told at check out I should of asked for them at check in.( Great as with a person like Sue you don't ask for anything). The desk was never maintained unless you knocked on door marked private or rang the bell, which she doesn,t like you to do. Her child is more important than the Guest. On checking out which I really wanted to do early was her husband . A very nice person and completely different to Sue. I would recommend now the Lorne Hotel -reasonable rates (hotel rooms only). many appartments and I wish I had checked as there is a Mantra hotel there. I went there to check it out for my next visit and it was like Paradise on Earth. Please check thourougly accomodation before stopping in Lorne. You do need a car as V/Line operate a 3 times a day Rail/Coach connection from Melbourne Mon- Fri Twice SAT/Sun but that is the only transportation.The standard of Victorian Roads are appauling and as I am one I know. I'll propbably need a wheel alignement now. I have 1 more Comfort Inn booked as no Quality or Clarion where Im going. In fact I think after the last 2 stays I'll stay at the Holiday Inn or Mantra. Sorry to be so negative but as a retired travel agent I only tell the truth and learn from my mistakes. Have a pocket of cash in Lorne as it one of the most expensive places for food in Australia I have ever been to.!! Wish you well. Must also say there is no cooked breakfast available to room on rack rates only hot beverages and toast with condiments.

Room Tip: Can't really say as we had a de-luxe spa and only saw the rear of the buiding in front.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
mainlorne, Manager at Lorne Bay View, responded to this review, 20 August 2011
When something goes wrong, we take guest complaints very seriously. However it is hard to take this guest seriously when EVERYTHING was wrong !!! (particularly when he wasnt even paying for the room !)
We host over 4000 guests each year. Many of our guests are either return guests, or word of mouth. On departure many guests comment favourably on the modern look and cleanliness of the rooms, and the service they receive.
On departure this guest did not express any concerns to me. It is a pity that he has now found the courage to create a disparaging epistle (about everything, including the state of the roads!!) in the comfort of his own home.
Ok, we cant please all of the people all of the time, but we certainly do please most of the people,most of the time.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Couldn't believe it cost us an additional $52 dollars to stay here for one night - just to sleep! Nothing like the quality of the other Comfort Inns we experienced whilst staying in Australia.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Lorne hotels

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 20 February 2011

We were upgraded to a really nice, big roomy room on the ground floor. Owner was very nice and helpful. Couple of dodge things marred it a bit, (broken toilet roll holder, very slippery bathroom floor) but overall it was pretty good. Very cleann and next to the over rated Lorne Hotel. Not at all impressed with the pub, on the grotty side, staff don't wipe up slops, no atmosphere. Walk and extra 7 minutes up to the Grand Pacific for fab food and drinks. You won't get ripped off there.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple