All reviewstram stopsmall kitchenettequality suitespleasant stayfree wifioff street parkingbeds were comfortablechecking inwater pressure isstayed nightsyogurtvisiting familyboth timesmelbourne cbdcitysupermarketmotel
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

We had a group booking for Queens birthday weekend, which was accepted. Close to the booking date we were advised not all of the rooms requested were available. This resulted in my twin room being changed to a Queen room with a sofa bed if I wanted to stay with the group.

Chaos, poorly managed and consistently mislead me.

Other issues-
- ants in bathroom and main room (positive- not in kitchen)
- unit facilities dated and not reflective of a recent rennovation as mentioned on the website
- breakfast is NOT available, even though advertised outside the complex and online
- no Foxtel in my room
- I was charged the higher price of a twin share, even though I’d been downgraded to the queen room
- with sofa bed extended, we couldn’t easily access the kitchenette or move about the room.
- when I tried to move rooms, firstly I was told there was another room, but then I was informed no ( yet the sign outside said VACANCIES as did wotif)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ann2018abcd
Reviewed 29 May 2018

If you are elderly, you will hate the steps to every room - no elevators. The shower is in a bathtub with no anti-slip tape.

Other negatives include:
We had 2 rooms and both had broken taps in the kitchenette.
There was a general lack of attention to cleaning.
Our rooms at the front had a lot of road noise.

On the positive side:
It was cheap for our rooms at the front. But other rooms were expensive.
Away from the city but easy to get to the north side area of the city.

Room Tip: Traffic noise at the front.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank izitulez
Reviewed 29 May 2018

I read awful reviews here after we'd already booked, so went in with trepidation. We booked the twin room for the special price. It wasn't that bad. The bed sheets were fresh and clean, and everything else, at first glance, seemed clean enough.

But my husband found a hair in the bathroom on the bench, and the kitchenette had coffee cup rings on the bench which he managed to clean up without any problem - so what kind of cleaners the hotel hires I have no idea - not very good ones.

The tap in the kitchen was verrry loose. My mother-in-law had the same type of room downstairs from us and her kitchenette tap was also very loose. Like they had been installed badly by someone who didn't know what they were doing.

The single beds weren't too bad. A bit bouncy, but ok. You get two pillows - one was too hard but the other was fine.

The worst thing was how difficult it was getting in and out of the shower in the bathtub. There's nothing to hang on to. And it was a bit slippery in there. My frail mother-in-law decided not to shower for fear of falling over.

Reception was only open until 7pm so we had to interrupt our activities that afternoon to check in on time. They had other options but they seemed too hard and convoluted.

The best thing was the location which was perfect for what we needed, and it was very easy to get in and out of the hotel, and easy to park around the back. Also the room size was generous.

Would I stay there again? As it turns out my husband is too tall for single beds so for that reason we won't - and the other rooms with larger beds are too expensive for that kind of 'quality'.

Room Tip: There are no lifts that we could see, so ask for a downstairs room if you don't want to trudge up stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

I think I only had one conversation with a staff member, the front desk never seemed to be staffed. The room was spacious and comfortable, with a reasonable kitchenette. The room service was hit and miss, one day there were new towels and nothing else, no bins emptied, no new toiletries, no tidying ... the next day was a total clean, including remaking of the bed. The bathrooms need a refurbishment, they don’t really match the rest of the room.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank CathHa19
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Worst Hotel I've ever been to in every sense! This Hotel seems to be under new management and as a result, be running itself into the ground.

It took over 1.5hrs to check in (even though my partner made the booking months in advance). It was difficult to discern whether the single receptionist on hand was untrained or blatantly careless with the lack of knowledge and impolite manner she displayed. In the end, we were given a room with two separated single beds which they told my partner and I to deal with until they had someone in the next day to rectify the situation.

When we received our room, we were greeted with dirty and stained sheets and cookware in the small kitchenette provided. Over the 6 days we were there, our room was not tended to or cleaned at all. We had to hunt down a staff member just to get some necessities like clean towels and toilet paper. When there weren't any staff around, we simply had to "make do".

The function room was booked for our use but was constantly locked and inaccessible. Friends of ours who also stayed here had broken fridges, light bulbs and even a lack of bed sheets in their room.

The reception was unattended for almost all of the duration of our stay with the Hotel's manager being away, out-of-state, and unwilling to help as well. So, to the exhaustion of our efforts, none of the issues that we faced were rectified during our stay.

Overall, huge amount of unprofessionalism displayed from the management and the entire staff at this Hotel. It turned out to be a very stressful and unpleasant stay. This business does not deserve your hard earned money - avoid at all costs!

Room Tip: Don't bother!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business