“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2017

My husband and I were on a romantic escape away from the kids so we decided to try The Vista as it specialised in local fresh seafood. The restaurant was dimly lit and had a romantic ambience.
We both wanted the Coffin Bay oysters but by 730pm they had already run out.
So, we had tiger prawns and fried squid for entree. The squid was delicious, although under seasoned. The 'tiger' prawns were the size of very small banana prawns (a bit larger than a shrimp) so quite small and there were only 4! Hmmm. We have been to the fish shop at the pier to buy fresh prawns in the past and let me assure you, their prawns are the right size, large, tasty and fresh!
For mains I ordered the Tasmanian scallops with pearl barley risotto....there were only 5 scallops and they were so tiny about the size of a 10c piece, I was horrified and so I complained. The owner tried to explain that the local scallops were supposed to be like that and he brought out some 'complimentary' fries. Not impressed. I love scallops and know exactly what size they should be, besides since they were that small shouldn't they have added a few more to compensate, after all, it is a main meal!
My husband had the linguine, it was ok. Nothing to write home about.
I'm sorry if this review sounds totally negative but that was what our experience was.
Including a bottle of wine our bill came to 170. Too steep for what we got.
Definitely not going back there!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

We had a really delightful meal it started with a couple of cocktails and we enjoyed our meals cooked to a very high standard.

The whole experience was really pleasant with a nice waitress and a chef.

I enjoyed the beef cheek and my wife enjoyed the Moussaka.

1  Thank cb512016
Reviewed 12 July 2017

WE had been to The Vista in the past and enjoyed it but were concerned because of some bad reviews and were uncertain whether to go again. We were wonderfully surprised by the warm welcome and the food was not only well presented but was beautiful. The pricing was what you would expect in any restaurant and certainly not overpriced.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We ate here about six months ago and were looking forward to a second try. Unfortunately it wasn't a good experience. The fish of the day was mediocre. The seafood linguini had plenty of seafood (apparently the staff read other reviews here) but the pasta was overcooked and served up in a tasteless sauce. Pity!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We visited for a family meal, the service was ok but the food was only average for an exorbitant price!!
We would of not recommend this place for the price.
In particular the 'whole fish' was flathead with no sides, this was not explained by the waitress. Also not a great choice as it is mostly bones.