“Thank you SO much for the pleasure and priviledge to eat in your restaurant.”
Review of Cyrano Restaurant - CLOSED

Cyrano Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I now read that Cyrano Restaurant is closed. The memories that I have of the multiple meals here that I have eaten and tasted from my partner's plate also, will be with me forever. Truly a great French dining experience, created with love.
One night, we were last in, and last to be served. She asked us if we wanted desert. We said yes. She disappeared from the restaurant for about 20 minutes. I thought What's going on? Then she re-appeared with the most amazing strawberry crepes. Amazing flavours.
So sorry to hear its closed, but SO grateful for the wonderful dining over the past years - I had to travel to eat here, and often it was my only reason to be in Bicheno, to eat here.
But I am pleased that she will get a well-earned holiday and retirement. So sorry, but I do not even know "her" name.... but I see her face before my eyes.
Thank you SO much.
Love from Alistair Lewis x

Date of visit: November 2013
1  Thank alistair l

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Had fantastic meals in the past but the owner has now retired so one of the best dining experiences on the East coast is no more

Date of visit: December 2013
3  Thank Charles E
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Alas fellow foodies, it appears that Cyrano has now closed. As a frequent visitor over many years I thought it appropriate to recap on one of Tasmania's great dining experiences. Cyrano was, for the most part, a one person operation serving freshly prepared food in the classic French bistro style. Oysters at Cyrano were always freshly shucked (they should NEVER be served other) and of the highest quality, especially in August. The standard accompaniement to mains of both a perfectly dressed garden salad and exquisite sautéed potatoes was enough on its own to look forward to dining here. Exactly what spirit Christiane put in those potatos I don't know ("I won't tell you how I cook") but it added such balance and depth of flavour to a potentially plain dish. Mains at Cyrano were always served generously, reasonably priced, simply, without pretentious presentation, and with beautiful sauces. Rack of lamb with lemon and rosemary - yum. (I challenge the reviewers who complained of delays for this dish to do it themselves - some of the best things take time). Lip-smacking duck in orange sauce. Fish a la anise. All beautifully done. My favourite, if I had one, would have to have been the steak. Not for the steak but for the amazing cream, pepper and brandy (?) sauce. ("I will not tell you how I cook"). Cyrano's décor was dated and a little grubby, the service sometimes Frenchly gallic, and the wine glasses too small to savour whatever good drop you chose to bring. I've left many an establishment where you notice these things - but here you just remembered the food. Adieu to an inspirational classic.

Date of visit: September 2013
1  Thank Goodandsimple
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I eat here whenever we visit the east coast of Tasmania. We have both eaten French cuisine around the world including Paris and the owner/chef ( who to be honest can be a bit cantankerous) is right up there with some of the best. Yes the service is slow and you will wait a long time for your food but its worth it. The chef does pretty much everything herself and she decides how many she will seat at any given time as she is it! I had Coquille St Jacques accompanied by nummy little new potatoes which had been roasted and pan fried in Walnut Oil, Superb! My husband had duck l'orange which he thoroughly enjoyed and we finished off with the famous flaming Crepe Suzettes. For those of you who go there and ordered a steak? You have got to be kidding, go to a steak house!

Date of visit: October 2012
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

The restaurant placed in a great place and the atmosphere is nice. The food is brilliant and delicious. The wines that we got were wonderful and special. Our total opinion about the restaurant is that it's realy good and recommended for everyone!!! Enjoy.

Date of visit: June 2013