“Poor quality food, would not recommend”
Review of Gangsters Cafe - CLOSED

Gangsters Cafe
Reviewed 9 July 2015

We came across this local diner in Bicheno, a small town by the coast, whilst on a road trip and we were very hungry after a long drive. The small town didn’t seem to have many options and this place has a cosy setting, probably enjoyed by the locals (there were only a few inside).
Unfortunately, the food wasn’t good. The grilled fish was an incredibly small portion, and the lasagne was unevenly reheated (straight out of a microwave) and tasted like ketchup more than anything. The meal was overpriced for what it was, but I suppose there’s little competition (or open restaurants) in the area.
Overall, we were very disappointed with the food and regretted eating here, especially after learning there was a wood-fired pizza place around the corner.

Reviewed 30 October 2014

Dont bother going here unless you want rubbish coffee and some fat on a plate. The staff are rude and there is nothing on the menu that isnt fried! Yuk!

Reviewed 13 September 2014

My husband purchased dinner for us at this cafe and knowing that I am not fond of salt he asked for a LITTLE SALT on the meal. When he bought it back to the hotel we stayed in I tried to eat, however there was so much salt on the meal it was burning my mouth! To say that it was ulemas ant is an understatement!

1  Thank Sue M
Reviewed 11 September 2014 via mobile

On our stay in Bicheno, we had lunch here. It's a very nice cafe with very homely feeling. I had the mixed berry stack, my hubby had a burger and my children shared the kids meal. It was all very very nice. Yes as other reviews have said it's little pricey but no more pricey than we have found the rest of Tassie to be. Would go again for sure and would recommend to friends.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

This is located along the Tasman Highway and we stopped by while driving from Hobart to Launceston. The clam chowder was the best but it was expensive.