All reviews blue marlin top floor across the road one bedroom apartment minute walk the kitchen air con self catering living area a stones throw comfortable stay longer stay the managers convenience store great holiday hire car balcony
Reviewed 22 December 2011

If your ideal vacation involves large palm trees, a long porch overlooking the ocean, then On The Beach will work for you.  The two bedroom apartments are huge, designed for families.  Washer and dryer as well as a dishwasher were included as well as a fully equipped kitchen with plenty of counter space. The decor is beach-kitz but can be avoided by looking outdoors at the ocean. The only safe ocean  swimming area in Trinity Beach lies directly  across the street from the apartments.  Without a car it is a 20 minute walk to the nearest supermarket and the nearby restaurants unexceptionable.
As modern internet-dependent people, the only draw back was the wireless  internet which was expensive (40$ AU for 4 days) but with speeds that often dropped to 45 kb and lower, resulting in impossibly slow-loading intenet pages  On the plus side, the cable tv was excellent and with a decent election of Australian TV shows.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank seed37
MelissaSpeer, Manager at On the Beach Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2012

Thank you for your feedback and the 4 Rating. It sounds as though you had a lovely time with us albeit a few minor issues.
I am not sure what is meant by your term 'beach-kitz' and would love for you to email me with further explanation. As all apartments are individually owned, if one isn't to standard then I can use feedback such as this to send to the owner who can then rectify the problem to help us manitain our strong reputation.
The nearest supermarket is only about a 5 minute walk (200m), so I hope this was explained to you when you arrived. There is a larger, more equipped supermarket within a 15-20 minute walk which would possibly be the one you refer to. There are 8 restaurants in Trinity Beach - again, I hope these were pointed out to you on arrival as the majority are within a 5 minute walk (although my 2 favourite would be 7-10 minutes).
The slow internet is a major concern to me, depending on what dates you stayed with us. On 2/12/11 we increased our internet service to avoid growing speed issues. Can you please let me know if you stayed after this date as I will need to get this attended to - the service was increased at quite a substantial cost so it is important all previous issues are elliminated.
Your feedback has been most helpful to me as property manager, and to the betterment of our property and I hope my comments have addressed the items you mention so that future guests can make an informed decision to stay with us knowing we take guest feedback seriously and are always looking at ways to improve. Happy 2012.

Reviewed 6 December 2011

We were doing a month's tour of Oz in Oct this year and arrived at Trinity Beach late at night, we had no idea what the accomodation was going to be like and expected a hotel room, the complex looked pretty average from the outside. However that's where my generalisation ended - the accomodation was great - spacious, well equipped, clean, comfortable and fab location, there was only one down side, the bedroom air con was dead noisy....

Liz Mc - Glasgow, UK

Room Tip: if staying for longer than a couple of days, see what can be done about the a/c noise, or get earplugs. No lifts, so you have to be pretty fit, esp if you have to lug heavy suitcases.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank liz m

Hi Liz
Thank you for taking the time to place your comments here for all to see and enjoy.
I am sorry to hear the AC was noisey in your bedroom. I have managed to work out which apartment you stayed in and we have had our AC technician attend to this.
To all readers, this is a good opportunity to let you all know to make sure you report any maintenance issues to the property whilst you are in house - if the issue cannot be attended to immediately, we can at least offer to relocate you to another room if the issue is likely to interrupt the peaceful enjoyment of your stay. A lot of guests don't report things as they think they are seen as complaining. I actually encourage 'complaints' (for want of a better word) as they present an opportunity for us to really impress with the service we pride ourselves on.
Liz, we are pelased you loved your holiday here in Australia and hope to see you back someday. All the best for 2012. Melissa.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Great location, great facilities, great staff, great value.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
MelissaSpeer, Manager at On the Beach Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Few words with great meaning and greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again one day. Melissa

Reviewed 12 November 2011

On arrival we were met by an English reception manager from Yorkshire, she was very polite, friendly and welcoming after our 36 hour journey. We expected a sea view and got one over the pool and beach at Trinity Beach. However we had assumed that the we would have a fully equipped kitchen as we like to have an occasional quiet night in and do our own cooking of local produce. We were very disappointed at the "well equipped kitchen" as it had a 2 ring electric hob, microwave with no grill or convection oven combined, and no oven whatsoever. The "well equipped" kitchen utensil drawawer contained utensils with broken handles otherwise everything was as we expected. The aircon however did the Australian thing we expected and began to leak condensation all over the carpet which was on a weekend and the guy who came to look at at did just that but went that bit further and broke off support bracket for the tilt mechanism and was not able to get an aircon engineer in until the day were leaving. No lifts at the site for the single bedroom appartments so be aware you may have to walk up to three flights of stairs if you're on the top floor. Otherwise we loved the place, it was literally on the beach with a short walk across a narrow road to the beach and a 200 metre walk to restaurants and a beac bar grill which wer of excellent quality, would we go back? No, because I'm not too keen on being observerdf in the pool from the roadside and pavement. Maybe its just me but I dislike what I dislike that me be acceptable to others.

Room Tip: don't ask for a ground floor as your balcony will be on the throughfare past the pool and BBQ area
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
MelissaSpeer, Manager at On the Beach Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our property. I'm glad you had a lovely time, however, as the manager, I am disappointed to hear that our property didn't meet your expectations.
I notice you stayed in one of our 1 Bedroom Beachfront Apartments. All of our marketing refers to the kitchen as being a 'Kitchenette' which generally refers to 'minimal cooking facilities'. I will review our wording to suit all nationalities, assuming you are not from Australia where this would be common knowledge.
As for 'well equipped' - this refers to adequate utensils and cooking facilities, of which I know we provide. I apologise if one of your items had a broken handle. This should have been replaced by Housekeeping at the last clean as we have spare stock on site at all times. I will ensure we review this procedure with our team.
It would seem the other issues are personal preference, however it is always interesting to hear what different people think as it helps us plan future improvements and/or planning. We have a policy in place whereby if equipment fails, we offer to relocate the guest. Please let me know via email/Tripadvisor if this option was not offered to you as again, we will review this procedure to ensure we learn from your experience.
Thank you again for taking the time to let us know what you thought of our property. We use these reviews to help us deliver continuous improvement and to keep up our excellent reputation for all. Melissa Speer - Manager

Reviewed 3 November 2011

Fantastic accommodation on all fronts, from location to service it was awesome which made our trip to the beautiful Trinity Beach even more lovely.
Will be staying here time after time without a doubt.

• Stayed: October 2011