Ok, heres the thing, I dont know about other parents, but my young toddlers go to bed early which means when I go away I need to make sure the hotel is outstanding enough to spend 7pm onwards there.
I booked Oceans based on the reviews, I have to say being the overly fussy type I was extremely impressed. The accomodation appearance and cleanliness wise is top notch, definitely 5 star with modern sleek furniture and appliances. Even the verandah was clean, I have to say that to me if I am booking 5 star then the place needs to look almost brand new. These apartments fit the script and no wonder they are rated number one. I do have to say that due to the fact of them being self catering, they are way to pricey. For the price we paid here we would easily get much more elsewhere however Mooloolaba is mainly self catering apartments so this would have to be the best place to stay if you want the next best thing. For the price charged they should be able to afford 24 hour reception at least. After 6.30pm all staff are scarce and you are kind of on your own. I have to add though that there is a daily housekeeping which also makes these apartments stand out.
COTS: They have portacots which are not complimentary and $20 a night, instead I rang a local baby hire company and got a proper cot delivered and picked up for only $38, this is great if your bubba likes his space when sleeping :-)
LOCATION: Perfect for those with kids. Coles, medical centre,pharmacy, restaraunts and shops are all at your foot just go down the elevator and you are amongst the finest restaurants and cafes, and everything you need is there, you dont need a car to stay here. The view of every apartment is the ocean amazing and the beach is just across the road
HOTEL HIGHLIGHTS: Baby pool, great for young ones, fully equipped theatre you can book for your kids to watch a movie if staying in. Most of the restaurants downstairs deliver so if you want to put the kids to bed and have a peaceful dinner you can! Complimentary car park. HUGE Spa basin to bath the kids in then indulge yourself later in. Electric blinds but no black out blinds, room is bright in the mornings even with them down (ok i guess for parents with early risers)
Coffee machine, large fridge with icemaker, all cutlery, appliances to make your own food, washing machine and dryer
Hope this helps guys!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceans Mooloolaba Beach, the only 5 star Mooloolaba Resort, is perfectly positioned directly opposite Mooloolaba Beach and in the center of Mooloolaba Esplanade. Walk out the door and choose from dozens of great restaurants, boutique shopping outlets and watch the ocean waves sparkle on the stunning Mooloolaba beach. 46 exquisite self contained luxury apartments and penthouses feature state of the art facilities, smart technology and modern design details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oceans Mooloolaba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceans Mooloolaba Hotel Mooloolaba
- Oceans Mooloolaba Sunshine Coast