All reviews free breakfast surf boards paddle boarding free activities hire surfboards movie night own bathroom mooloolaba beach min walk main beach would stay again nightlife
Reviewed 31 December 2016

This review has just extremely positive or extremely negative aspects.
The location is good, the beach is not far.
The guys of the staff are amazing, everybody kind, always smiling.. very nice.
Something to do is organized every day, and usually, they are free activities.
There is the possibility to use bike or boards for free and this is very good.
Unfortunately, the hostel is very very dirty, toilettes and showers weren't clean in 4 days I stayed.
The rooms are very warm, there isn't blind in the window and here there is the sun at 4,30 in the morning.
The hostel is very noise, nobody respects the hours for rest and in the morning a guy blow leaves from the pool area with a very noise machine.
There isn't stuff to cook in the kitchen, just a few old dishes, not enough.
My stay here was good, but it could be better.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank DrPX
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Free paddle boats and a guide each morning. Free trip to Noosa on Sunday so be smart and get dropped off their if you intend to stay there. Kitchen not well equipped so buy easy to make food. Good vibes from staff and guests.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mouri K
Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

I had a great time at this hostel but mainly because of the people, particularly the long-termers, that were staying here. Really welcoming and friendly. The staff however need to be more accommodating. It's very business-like with no personal feel. They do u no favours! There r signs and notices all over the walls and a very strict 9:30 curfew which was the worst. Even with no house u were sent off your balcony. It made no sense as people were still being noisy inside the building which kept everyone trying to sleep awake!The German dude doing night shift was rude and on a complete power trip. It's in a good location and they do free activities which was good.
It was clean, and free breakfast is a bonus... Thanks to the brekkie and cleaning staff who worked really hard and were really friendly!

Date of stay: October 2016
1  Thank Travelhappy8820
MooloolabaBackpacker, Manager at Mooloolaba Beach Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2016

Hi there!

Thank you for your review! we welcome all feedback in order to improve our services :) Our small front office team really pride ourselves of being of great service, welcoming and very accommodating, so apologies if you did not feel as if you received this.
Unfortunately our 9:30pm curfew is set by our street noise regulations and we cannot do much about this but we encourage guests to head out and experience the nightlife Mooloolaba has to offer should they wish to keep partying :) We do hope you got to take part in our free adventure activities throughout the days as this is what we like to put a lot of thought and energy in to. :)
Thanks again for the feedback & enjoy the rest of your travels!

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Thumbs up for the front office team that gave such lovely service during my stay there. They were so friendly and helpful at times. In addition, there are so many free interesting activities to do here but so sad i got no time to try it. I had a bed in mixed dormitory room with bathroom inside and it's quite clean and comfortable.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank dodomadodo
Reviewed 18 July 2016

I booked a private double room with ensuite while on a visit to the Coast to catch up with friends. Let's start with the positives...one of the three staff members I interacted with was very friendly. That's about all I can come up with as a positive. Now for the negatives...the room was extremely basic and the bed was the worst I have ever slept in with minimal bedding (a sheet and thin cover) in winter. The door to the ensuite had four holes in it which looked like they had been punched in and the consistent dripping of water in the bathroom was torture after a while! The two chairs in the room were broken. And while there is wi-fi, it is only available in the communal areas downstairs. Having stayed in many backpackers over the years across the world, this is by far, the worst one I have encountered. It was especially disappointing as I had just come up from Space in Melbourne which was like a five star hotel in comparison to this place. I should have taken my chances and slept on the beach!

Date of stay: July 2016