All reviews surf boards free activities stand up paddle boarding social hostel hire surfboards movie night mooloolaba beach own bathroom location is amazing min walk a great stay would stay again main beach bbq nightlife
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Free paddle boats and a guide each morning. Free trip to Noosa on Sunday so be smart and get dropped off their if you intend to stay there. Kitchen not well equipped so buy easy to make food. Good vibes from staff and guests.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Mouri K
Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

I had a great time at this hostel but mainly because of the people, particularly the long-termers, that were staying here. Really welcoming and friendly. The staff however need to be more accommodating. It's very business-like with no personal feel. They do u no favours! There r signs and notices all over the walls and a very strict 9:30 curfew which was the worst. Even with no house u were sent off your balcony. It made no sense as people were still being noisy inside the building which kept everyone trying to sleep awake!The German dude doing night shift was rude and on a complete power trip. It's in a good location and they do free activities which was good.
It was clean, and free breakfast is a bonus... Thanks to the brekkie and cleaning staff who worked really hard and were really friendly!

Stayed: October 2016
1  Thank Travelhappy8820
MooloolabaBackpacker, Manager at Mooloolaba Beach Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2016

Hi there!

Thank you for your review! we welcome all feedback in order to improve our services :) Our small front office team really pride ourselves of being of great service, welcoming and very accommodating, so apologies if you did not feel as if you received this.
Unfortunately our 9:30pm curfew is set by our street noise regulations and we cannot do much about this but we encourage guests to head out and experience the nightlife Mooloolaba has to offer should they wish to keep partying :) We do hope you got to take part in our free adventure activities throughout the days as this is what we like to put a lot of thought and energy in to. :)
Thanks again for the feedback & enjoy the rest of your travels!

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Thumbs up for the front office team that gave such lovely service during my stay there. They were so friendly and helpful at times. In addition, there are so many free interesting activities to do here but so sad i got no time to try it. I had a bed in mixed dormitory room with bathroom inside and it's quite clean and comfortable.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Gilang M
Reviewed 18 July 2016

I booked a private double room with ensuite while on a visit to the Coast to catch up with friends. Let's start with the positives...one of the three staff members I interacted with was very friendly. That's about all I can come up with as a positive. Now for the negatives...the room was extremely basic and the bed was the worst I have ever slept in with minimal bedding (a sheet and thin cover) in winter. The door to the ensuite had four holes in it which looked like they had been punched in and the consistent dripping of water in the bathroom was torture after a while! The two chairs in the room were broken. And while there is wi-fi, it is only available in the communal areas downstairs. Having stayed in many backpackers over the years across the world, this is by far, the worst one I have encountered. It was especially disappointing as I had just come up from Space in Melbourne which was like a five star hotel in comparison to this place. I should have taken my chances and slept on the beach!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank LMLH2015
Reviewed 3 June 2016

Is good close to the beach but when I stay there I culdnt sleep realy good. The bed was not comfy not at all and room was many thing on the floor. Not clean good. But is some free surfing and barbacue on weekend.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends