All reviewshappy valleythe penthousethe managersthe main streetkings beachacross the roadbulcock beachwalking distanceminute walkwashing machine and dryervisit caloundralocation is greatwe loved our stayfirst floorthese apartmentsfamily holidaydarryl
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We have stayed at the Waterview for several years now and are still just as happy as the ever. It has great views over the Bribie passage as well as out over the ocean. You can leave the car and walk everywhere! Howard and Sue (the managers) are very welcoming and friendly and the units are very clean and tidy when you arrive. We will keep going back each holiday and recommend the Waterview to anyone wanting an enjoyable,relaxing holiday in Caloundra!

Room Tip: Levels 4 & 5 have the best views
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
WaterviewManager, Manager at Waterview Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Thanks for reviewing the Waterview Aaron. As a returning guest we are always interested in what you have to say regarding our service standards and if there are any improvements which could be implemented. We look forward to welcoming you back again at Christmas 2013.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

We have stayed at Waterview Resort for the last 12 years, it has the best location in Caloundra as it is an easy walk to shops, restaurants and pubs. As for the beaches well you can walk to the surf at Kings Beach or the calm at Bullock Beach. We especially like that we do not have to drive the car to go anywhere, everything is just a lovely stroll away. Sue and Howard the resident managers are always helpful, friendly and polite and nothing is too much trouble. The units are always clean and has everything we need to make our holiday an enjoyable one. I love going to Waterview every year and we catch up with other holiday makers you have been going there the same time as us. I know we have a wonderful time there and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
WaterviewManager, Manager at Waterview Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2012

Marie, thanks for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. It always brings a smile to our faces when we receive positive feedback, but we always welcome comments from guests regarding their likes, dislikes etc. After all, you sleep in the beds, you sit on the sofa, and you use the appliances. We cannot check every single item in the unit so we encourage guests to let us know of any potential improvements. Best wishes for the festive season and we look forward to saying hello again in 2013.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

We stayed here in October 2012 and were very disappointed. Place was very extremely dusty, had stained and dirty carpet, filthy bathroom (complete with pubes, brown stains and tooth paste from previous occupants), holes in the linen and a disgusting kitchen. Oh, and lets not forget the dirty sock we found in the bedside table. I'm not fussy and backpack a lot of the time. This place was poor even by modern hostel standards. When we complained the owner agreed with us but rather than talking to the cleaners, told us we were to fussy.

I'm sure the manager will respond and highlight that this is the first TripAdvisor complaint about them. So it must be us right? I've stayed in many places in Caloundra and never complained. Try one of the following hotels/apartments in Caloundra: Centre Point Apartments, Rumba Beach Resort or Shearwater Resort. They are in better locations, great views and are similarly priced. It's up to you.....but you were warned!

Room Tip: Don't stay on a lower floors as they are right by the road. The view is limited and noisy (cars going past your balcony).
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank aquat
WaterviewManager, Manager at Waterview Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2012

Thank you for your review aquat, we welcome criticism as well as compliments. We fully understand and acknowledge your concern over dust, which is what we specifically discussed when you called us to the room. We also offered our apologies. We stated at the time that we would clean it immediately (which we did) and we even went so far as to offer you a refund after you mentioned your dust allergy. I am surprised to learn you chose not to disclose the discovery of “pubes, brown stains and tooth paste from previous occupants” which, to me, is far worse than a bit of dust on the bed head. The “disgusting kitchen” was not mentioned either. Suffice to say we are more than happy to face up to our responsibility for lapses in cleaning or maintenance (which happens everywhere from time to time) but I cannot accept criticism for fabricated or exaggerated claims. I don’t understand why you would highlight a bit of dust but not the other issues.

The stained carpet to which you refer is the discoloured patch of carpet where the old air conditioner used to sit. It measures roughly 90cm x 15 cm and is in the corner of the room. As the owner was effecting improvements to the unit at the time, the fact is that three new air conditioners had just been installed but the carpet had at that stage not been replaced. Again, we explained this to you upon arrival and you were okay with it. Why all of a sudden is it a reason to complain?

The hole in the linen I am not entirely surprised about. We have since switched to a quality linen supplier, CLS, and our former supplier Cleantex unfortunately had ongoing quality control problems. We did our best to scrutinise every incoming item but it was an impossible task and sometimes a defective item slipped through. We would have gladly changed the faulty linen but we were not advised of this either.

We did talk to the cleaners as we do every time when attention to detail occasionally slips. Simultaneously we also pass on compliments from guests who are very happy with the standard of cleaning. Like everywhere else only a small percentage of people take the time to record their experience on sites like Trip Advisor – we can’t force people to translate their verbal praise into a written review. The majority of our bookings are derived from return guests so I guess we’re not too bad considering your criticism. Additionally we receive comments from numerous new guests who have migrated from other buildings in Caloundra and I’m sure this is a two-way street; we are not going to be everyone’s “cup of tea” although we do our best.

We would like to welcome you back at some stage to give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves; you may even like to book under a different name to do a “mystery shop” as it were. Once again our apologies for the dust on the bed head, I can assure you it was a rare exception to the rule.

Finally, passing traffic becomes virtually non-existent at night, and all apartments from level two upwards experience the same breathtaking views of the shipping channel, Pumicestone Passage, Bribie Island, Happy Valley park and the beaches.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

I have stayed at the Waterview Resort several times a year for the last 3 years, it has the most amazing water views and the location is great for those who want an easy walk to shopping, restaurants and both surf and calm water beaches. The resident managers are very friendly and helpful and the units very well appointed and very clean. I love coming back each time and know I can rely on having a wonderful stay and have and would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: I really love Unit 8 as it has the most comfortable couch!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Thank you Sue R for taking the time to review our property. We value your comments and hope you will visit us again sometime soon. Best wishes for the festive season!

Reviewed 12 December 2012

I have stayed at Waterview a number of times with my family, friends and by myself. It never disappoints. It is close to every thing I want on a relaxing trip away: patrolled swimming beaches, beaches for relaxing and strolling, parks (even one across the road for a game of cricket), shops for both looking through and groceries, movies and restaurants. Best of all, I've never had to use my car to get to any of these things. Enough about the location, on the the rooms.

The rooms all have fantastic views, though we usually stay in unit 8. The unit is always clean and ready to call home for the length of our stay. The kitchen is well stocked with utensils and the living areas are spacious and comfortable. The bedrooms are very comfortable, I get a better night sleep at the Waterview than I do at home! The on-sight managers, Howard and Sue, are extremely helpful and always go out of their way to to answer any questions or fix any problems, which is always appreciated and makes for a great trip away.

If none of this has made your decision any easier, the main reason to stay at the Waterview is the view. The unobstructed view of the beach and park area across the road is amazing. It always takes my breath away on arrival and makes leaving very difficult.

All in all, the Waterview is a fantastic location for your break away. I would recommend it to any one.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
WaterviewManager, Manager at Waterview Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2012

You are absolutely right Peta, the name of the building says it all - "water view". At the moment I'm looking out from reception at the king-tide waves splashing on the rocks at the boardwalk just over the road. The sun is shining and it's a perfect day. See you when you next visit and thank you for reviewing the Waterview.