“Above expectations”

Mercure Sydney Liverpool
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Out of main city area and quiet,yet part of Liverpool Catholic Club. Desk reception staff friendly and helpful. Restaurant meals good. Room nice but balcony would make accommodation five stars.
New addition block nearly finished at Hotel which will make Hotel massive. No undercover car park,however security covered car park at night.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Bruce J
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Decent prices, good food and close to Liverpool city centre.
It was close to business so I chose Mercure Liverpool and did not regret.

Only con would be that it was hard to find on car hire gps and googlemaps.
Gps stopped me 2min drive before the actual location and googlemaps stop me at the front of the Catholic Club. You are better off selecting the intersecting street Hoxton Park Road/ Joadja Road.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Stayed here whilst on business in Mt Druitt. Nice clean rooms and access to a good Gym. Also can walk through to the Catholic club.Very comfortable rooms. Good quality beds. Plenty of options for dinner and plenty of good bars for a drink.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 16 September 2017

I stayed in the Mercure for a few nights in September while on business. The room was very large with a comfy bed and was clean; nothing to moan about.

One evening I ordered room service, just a pizza for myself... it had no taste at all so I decided to leave some of it. Possibly the 1st time ever for having a bad pizza...

The next evening I thought I would try out the main restaurant. I entered the restaurant area and waited to be seated, a few minutes had gone by and restaurant staff had even walked straight by me without acknowledgement. I got bored of waiting and approached a waitress who told me I could either sit at either of two tables, but she didn't seem at all interested.

I sat down anyway and waited on the menu .... and I waited ... and waited.... over 10 minutes had gone by and then another waitress asked if I was ok. I said I was waiting on the menu. After been given the menu a moment later, the original waitress came and asked for my order! I only had the menu in my hands for 15 seconds after waiting 10+ minutes. I didn't want to ask for more time in case she never came back again... so I quickly made up my decision on the spot.

I ordered a steak, it was fine.

When I then wanted to pay the story was the same, I'm sat there waiting and waiting, at this point the restaurant is basically empty anyway and staff are just tidying up. I ended up walking over and asking to pay.
It says around the hotel to book for the restaurant to not miss out, but there were only a handful of tables full so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

So yes, nice hotel but let down by my experience with the room service and restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2017

The hotels is in the middle of an idustrial area, and has no facilities nearby. Very nice, good size rooms and bathrooms. The hotel is connected with a large health club. A number of food outlets, but none particularly memorable.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
4.6 km away
Rydges Campbelltown Sydney
#1 of 3 in Campbelltown
17.8 km away
Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta

Been to Mercure Sydney Liverpool? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK