“Great and Poor and Everything In-Between”

Katoomba Townhouses
Reviewed 4 October 2016

The townhouse was pretty spacious, and the bed and pillows were amazingly comfortable, and it was only about 10 minute walk into town. However, the goodness kind of stops there.
There was no reception, and we weren't told prior to arrival that this was the case. Or that we had to call to get our code to the door. We arrived and were lost. The dining table had something sticky all over it when we arrived. The bannister on the front balcony was broken and I nearly fell when we arrived using it the balance myself and it wobbled so much I lost my balance on the concrete stairs.
Then we discovered there was no oven, despite being told it had a kitchen. Two of the hotplates on the stove didn't work properly (one, not at all) and their was no exhaust fan above the stove. The TV had no reception, but with no front desk there was no one to fix the problem (or any others). The shower had mould growing in it. And as a human with limbs, I found it incredibly difficult to wash my hair! The tap in the kitchen sink was broken and kept falling off. And finally, the bathroom had no exhaust fan, but the window went out to a public area and I personally didn't want the other guests to see my naked top-half.
I know all these things are mostly petty, but added up that this was all in one place, it did cause for concern. The place itself was fine, but so many little things that were going wrong really added up for a not-super pleasant stay. I can only hope that the other townhouses are of better quality (we stayed in number 1).

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Dont know why all the negative comments?
The townhouse was perfect for our family stay. It was great as the kids could have a place to run and make a bit of noise and not bother anyone else.
Its a 2 min drive to scenic world and 1 min to the centre hub of katoomba.
All the beds had electric blankets and room heating so we were very comfortable the whole weekend.
Highly recommended for familys.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2016

We arrived at thetown houses at 8.30 pmno light outside to see the code to get inside once inside no heating a b it was freezing rang next morning to be told the heating had been playing up.when we went to get a glass for a drink found out all the china was dirty.I made a call to Kerri the lady we had done our bookings as usual she was so rude.when i told her we were not happy as the unit was dirty she told me to get other accommodation (that was her attitude).how could we as we did not have our car there.Kerri arranged a cleanerto come over,but still not clean the unit very well.Such a pity as unit was is in an ideal location. The carpets were filthy never been clean.Kerri your manners are so rude never to return.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Geoff P
Reviewed 28 April 2016

I am not gonna lie this place could do with a seriously good clean!! It was dusty, musty smelling, there were dead bugs in the wardrobe, the bed covers looked as if they needed washing and the dining table was so sticky that the place mats stuck to it!. There are signs saying you will be charged if you do not keep the place tidy so I reckon they run it on a minimal cleaning turnover.
That being said its a great location only a 5 minute walks from Echo Point and a bus stop on the corner - its very spacious and adequately furnished which is all you really need need after a days hiking in the valley.
We never actually met or saw any staff or owners which was slightly weird as all dealings were via email or over the phone but that was not too big a problem.
I probably wouldn't stay there again but it would be great for a bunch of friends/students who are not too fussy about cleanliness.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Clare M
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

I booked this place to stay for the 10th to 14th of February as I was attending the ukulele festival at Katoomba.

No confirmation email so I evetually asked for one. And it come through about a week later. No contact was forthcoming as to how to obtain access to the villa. So I contacted tge owner and was told to ring on day of arrival for the code. So i contacted the owner on the day and it took 3 phone calls to get through. They are very bad at communication.

When I arrived I found the fridge pulled out from the wall and there were dead bugs in every room. I rang onwer to let them know I would not stay in accomdation in this state.

I rang the owner to find out what was happening. And I was told they'd sprayed the house for pests and no cleaner was booked on to tidy the space therefore it wouldn't be cleaned before or after my arrival.

I said it was not good enough. The space had been booked since September the previous year. They knew I was coming why not make sure the space was clean.

She then offered me another space but said they had also been sprayed and not cleaned. I said I was not willing to look at another space and I asked for a refund because I was going home.

She agreed to a refund which I received the following week.

Book at your own risk as owners are not interested in upkeep or communication.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple