See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

I booked this place to stay for the 10th to 14th of February as I was attending the ukulele festival at Katoomba.

No confirmation email so I evetually asked for one. And it come through about a week later. No contact was forthcoming as to how to obtain access to the villa. So I contacted tge owner and was told to ring on day of arrival for the code. So i contacted the owner on the day and it took 3 phone calls to get through. They are very bad at communication.

When I arrived I found the fridge pulled out from the wall and there were dead bugs in every room. I rang onwer to let them know I would not stay in accomdation in this state.

I rang the owner to find out what was happening. And I was told they'd sprayed the house for pests and no cleaner was booked on to tidy the space therefore it wouldn't be cleaned before or after my arrival.

I said it was not good enough. The space had been booked since September the previous year. They knew I was coming why not make sure the space was clean.

She then offered me another space but said they had also been sprayed and not cleaned. I said I was not willing to look at another space and I asked for a refund because I was going home.

She agreed to a refund which I received the following week.

Book at your own risk as owners are not interested in upkeep or communication.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Julie P
Reviewed 12 January 2016

Despite some of the negative reviews on here, we found this place to be a great place to stay for our family. location is fab, walking distance to Echo Point, walking distance for the more fit ones to Scenic World and the town centre. It's a great location to base yourself. Our townhouse was very clean and tidy and seems well looked after. The cleaner even called in to check that everything was OK. It's very affordable for it"s location. Glad I wasn't put off by the negative reviews. Would stay again or recommend to others.

Room Tip: Good accessibility to tourist locations
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2015

Positives:
- Great location! Only a 5 minute walk to the Three Sisters and Echo Point. You can do nice walks from there to Leura Falls and Katoomba Falls. We even got to see the Three Sisters lit up at night.
- Cleanliness. Could not complain. A few glasses were a bit dirty but nothing major.

Negatives:
- The service we received from the person managing this place was appalling.

I called to provide my card details to pay for the deposit the week before our stay. After that, I had to chase her up about our booking every day til our stay.

Over the phone I had confirmed that we wanted to stay for 3 nights (even though I had mistakenly put in 4 nights in the booking enquiry). She told me that this was fine and that she would email me a confirmation. Two days passed without an email confirmation. During this time, I emailed her and called a few times to remind her to send through an email confirmation of our dates. As we were supposed to leave in 4 days, we wanted to have written confirmation of our stay.

After much prompting and numerous calls from both me and my partner, we received the email confirmation. Unfortunately, it stated that we were staying for 4 nights. Again, I had to emailed her to remind her that we were only staying 3 nights. Again, I tried calling but could not reach her to rectify the issue.

Later that day, I look into my bank statements and I see that I have been debited for 4 nights. Once again, I had to email, call and text to get a refund for the one extra night. During this time, she did not reply to any of my written communications and was rude to us over the phone.

While our stay was pleasant, our experience with the manager of the Townhouses gave us unnecessary stress in the lead up to our stay. I have never experienced this type of treatment before in any other accommodation that I have stayed in.

Unfortunately this experience will deter us from staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vivien N
Reviewed 11 October 2015

Staying 4 days 3 nights in October 15 with my wife and 2 kids in 2 bedroom #4. We have stayed here several times before, and coped with the mediocrity of the place because if is in a great location and really cheap. This visit however was disappointing.

There are 2 electirc BBQ's on the property. One is clean(ish) enough to be useable, the other one is filthy and unusable. The Grass around the whole complex is a good 6 inches tall and growing wild. Most annoying the Remote to our TV works only very VERY intermittently. We reported this to the owner on our second morning, and it is still non-functional on day 3 evening. Happily, we figured out how to navigate the TV using the buttons on the back on our 3rd day. Finally, the carpet throughout is just a little scary, and if you drop something on the floor, it goes straight in the bin.

Positives are the great location, low cost, efficient and quiet heating, electric blankets on the beds, clean bedding, bathroom and separate toilet, We also like thqt there is designated on property parking, and a free electric BBQ and outdoor seating. The kitchen is equipped with the essentials to make a faily breakfast and sandwiches for a days hiking. Sadly, there is not enough room for a dishwasher in the kitchen, so if, like us, you hate washing up while on vacation, bring disposable plates, cups, bowls and cutlery.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2015 via mobile

The standard of cleaning was appalling. Cheezels & rubbish under the bed, dust bunnies everywhere, dirty boiling water jug, hair & dust on bath soap holder, hundreds of cigarette butts at the front door in an ashtray. The only places that were clean was where your body actually touched, eg bedroom, bathroom & toilet surfaces. Advice- walk around with your eyes closed!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple