See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 December 2015

Positives:
- Great location! Only a 5 minute walk to the Three Sisters and Echo Point. You can do nice walks from there to Leura Falls and Katoomba Falls. We even got to see the Three Sisters lit up at night.
- Cleanliness. Could not complain. A few glasses were a bit dirty but nothing major.

Negatives:
- The service we received from the person managing this place was appalling.

I called to provide my card details to pay for the deposit the week before our stay. After that, I had to chase her up about our booking every day til our stay.

Over the phone I had confirmed that we wanted to stay for 3 nights (even though I had mistakenly put in 4 nights in the booking enquiry). She told me that this was fine and that she would email me a confirmation. Two days passed without an email confirmation. During this time, I emailed her and called a few times to remind her to send through an email confirmation of our dates. As we were supposed to leave in 4 days, we wanted to have written confirmation of our stay.

After much prompting and numerous calls from both me and my partner, we received the email confirmation. Unfortunately, it stated that we were staying for 4 nights. Again, I had to emailed her to remind her that we were only staying 3 nights. Again, I tried calling but could not reach her to rectify the issue.

Later that day, I look into my bank statements and I see that I have been debited for 4 nights. Once again, I had to email, call and text to get a refund for the one extra night. During this time, she did not reply to any of my written communications and was rude to us over the phone.

While our stay was pleasant, our experience with the manager of the Townhouses gave us unnecessary stress in the lead up to our stay. I have never experienced this type of treatment before in any other accommodation that I have stayed in.

Unfortunately this experience will deter us from staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vivien N
Reviewed 11 October 2015

Staying 4 days 3 nights in October 15 with my wife and 2 kids in 2 bedroom #4. We have stayed here several times before, and coped with the mediocrity of the place because if is in a great location and really cheap. This visit however was disappointing.

There are 2 electirc BBQ's on the property. One is clean(ish) enough to be useable, the other one is filthy and unusable. The Grass around the whole complex is a good 6 inches tall and growing wild. Most annoying the Remote to our TV works only very VERY intermittently. We reported this to the owner on our second morning, and it is still non-functional on day 3 evening. Happily, we figured out how to navigate the TV using the buttons on the back on our 3rd day. Finally, the carpet throughout is just a little scary, and if you drop something on the floor, it goes straight in the bin.

Positives are the great location, low cost, efficient and quiet heating, electric blankets on the beds, clean bedding, bathroom and separate toilet, We also like thqt there is designated on property parking, and a free electric BBQ and outdoor seating. The kitchen is equipped with the essentials to make a faily breakfast and sandwiches for a days hiking. Sadly, there is not enough room for a dishwasher in the kitchen, so if, like us, you hate washing up while on vacation, bring disposable plates, cups, bowls and cutlery.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2015 via mobile

The standard of cleaning was appalling. Cheezels & rubbish under the bed, dust bunnies everywhere, dirty boiling water jug, hair & dust on bath soap holder, hundreds of cigarette butts at the front door in an ashtray. The only places that were clean was where your body actually touched, eg bedroom, bathroom & toilet surfaces. Advice- walk around with your eyes closed!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lzzzz300
Reviewed 22 April 2015

Excited to be having a two night stay near the end of a long road trip to northern Qld so we didn't have to load and unload the car and could relax and enjoy he Blue Mountains. The morning that we were due to arrive I received a phone call saying we were double booked and that the only thing that could be organised was another apartment down the road for the 1st night then we would move into ours for the second night - a little frustrating but nevertheless acceptable.
What wasn't acceptable was the sub standard accommodation that we were provided with.
1. No heating at all - remember we had just spent 3 weeks in QLD we needed heaters. on the 3rd visit from management we had some heating.
2. Halfway through the heating issue my 3yr son walks out with a dirty bandaid that was left of the floor.
3. The toilet had not been cleaned.

The above issue made us decide that if we had to pack everything up just to move down the road we would continue the trip home. We advised them of this and we were told that we were not charged and won't be - saving grace. Until I checked the credit card and we had in fact been charged. I called them up and they refunded the money. Until I check the statement and they had only refunded part of the money - after phone tag, a phone call to Wotif and then an email the rest of the money will be refunded (but I am still waiting to check the see if this will actually happen or if there will be another mistake)

However Night staff were VERY helpful and went out of the way to assist. He was quite embarrassed.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2014

We recently stayed at the Katoomba Townhouses. The location is excellent being within walking distance to Echo Point and the town centre and within easy driving distance to other tourist spots. However the standard of cleaning is terrible. Thankfully the bed linen was clean. The kitchen cupboards, drawers, bench top and floor all needed a good clean. There was food on the floor. The fridge wasn't working - something that is essential in the warmer months. There was a build up of dust in the other rooms, especially around the skirting boards There was also a build up of dust and insects behind the couch and the cushions under the couch had a lot of debris under them. The extractor fans in the ceiling and the heating vents all need a good clean. There were spiders in all the rooms and we had to go out and buy an insect spray to deal with them.
There are no signs or information about where the office is. We had paid a deposit and rang when leaving to find out where we could make our final payment only to be told it had already been debited from our credit card. We have travelled quite a lot and this has never happened before! Is it legal to do this? I also found the lady I spoke to when making the booking was not very friendly.
These could be really comfortable units if the standard of cleaning was a lot better. The location is nice and quiet.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family