Excited to be having a two night stay near the end of a long road trip to northern Qld so we didn't have to load and unload the car and could relax and enjoy he Blue Mountains. The morning that we were due to arrive I received a phone call saying we were double booked and that the only thing that could be organised was another apartment down the road for the 1st night then we would move into ours for the second night - a little frustrating but nevertheless acceptable.
What wasn't acceptable was the sub standard accommodation that we were provided with.
1. No heating at all - remember we had just spent 3 weeks in QLD we needed heaters. on the 3rd visit from management we had some heating.
2. Halfway through the heating issue my 3yr son walks out with a dirty bandaid that was left of the floor.
3. The toilet had not been cleaned.
The above issue made us decide that if we had to pack everything up just to move down the road we would continue the trip home. We advised them of this and we were told that we were not charged and won't be - saving grace. Until I checked the credit card and we had in fact been charged. I called them up and they refunded the money. Until I check the statement and they had only refunded part of the money - after phone tag, a phone call to Wotif and then an email the rest of the money will be refunded (but I am still waiting to check the see if this will actually happen or if there will be another mistake)
However Night staff were VERY helpful and went out of the way to assist. He was quite embarrassed.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Katoomba Townhouses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Katoomba Townhouses Blue Mountains