“Expensive and food inedible”

The Sicilian Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 72 Restaurants in Forster
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I’ll start by saying we have eaten here 5 times previously and tonight our experience was woeful. It has changed hands and it was very disappointing.

The pizza was $27.90 and revolting. The risotto was inedible - had about 5 button mushrooms cut into quarters and half ingredients missing.

The staff were borderline rude and it was very disappointing given that it used to be a great restaurant. I can only recommend you do not go there.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (701)

Reviewed 13 January 2021 via mobile

Terrible experience Its obvious that there has been a change in management as the service was completely off. Chose this place as it was my wife’s birthday and wanted a nice place where we had previously had a great time.

Unfortunately we had a very disappointing experience. Ordered drinks soon after arriving. 15 minutes later ordered food. The waiter brought our cutlery and plonked it in front of me. I had to set up the table for both entree and main. Strange given the cost of meals. After chasing our drinks half appeared after our entrees. We had well finished our entrees when my wife’s drink appeared. A cocktail in a small shallow glass with no straws. When I asked for straws they brought super long straws. It was comical. We could finally cheers her birthday.

Even bringing out salt and pepper was a chore for the wait staff.

I was embarrassed to have taken my family to this place for a special occasion. I would recommend giving the place a miss. Not worth the very large bill.

They did apologise and gave us a few little cakes as we were leaving. Way too little too late. They even took two cocktails off the bill. Defiantly an Italian restaurant that has lost its soul. There used to be a great buzz with the Italian staff as service always so important. This has sadly gone.

1  Thank borg2000
Reviewed 11 January 2021

The waiter forgot our meal and drink orders but some how organized kids meals. Needless to say, once the kids were finished they wanted to go. Another hour goes by and still no service.

Very disappointed, do not recommend for people who expect service within the hour

Reviewed 9 January 2021

We were seated outdoors on the balcony, given menus and water. We waited 20 mins still no service. We got up and walked out. They didn’t notice. Drove past a couple of minutes later, the water and menus still on the table.
Hopeless service.

Reviewed 31 December 2020 via mobile

We waited a bit till they took our order but the food was delicious.
They had a vegetarian option and kids meal to suit everyone.

Date of visit: December 2020