All reviews small hotel boutique hotel continental breakfast across the road great location coogee beach the breakfast area king room other guests no elevator small balcony long flight short stay bondi junction staff were very helpful lucas sydney
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Tucked away, up many steps.Really should be listed as a Bed and Breakfast as they do a continental breakfast. The room was clean, very basic with no drawers, just shelves. We opened our drapes and there was a brick wall, nothing else, just a brick wall. Our biggest grouch though was the fact we couldnt see two feet in front of us. Th room was very poorly lit with candle type light bulbs, one was not going. The staff were friendly but this was not our idea of a great place to stay, chosen by our travel agent.

Room Tip: Avoid this place unless you are just passing and need a bed for a night
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy L
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel for our last night in Australia and wanted to be close to the ocean. We were! Across the road from the walkway from Coogee to Bondi. The room was large and because we had to leave early for the airport, we did not get to eat the breakfast. There were three down sides to this place. The first is that it was difficult to find as the sign was fairly small. The second was the number of stairs we had to climb to get to it. We had two big, heavy bags and there is no elevator or bellhop. When we finally made it to the front door, the receptionist said we could have come through the back door but we were not told that in advance. When it was time to leave I asked for the address of the back door and the receptionist did not know it. So we had to drag our bags down the stairs again to the uber I had to call. The third downer was the intelligence level of the staff. The woman who worked at the reception the morning we left seemed clueless and could not even figure out how to get a taxi for us. When she failed to get a taxi I uses my uber app to get a vehicle. The price of this hotel vs others close to the beach was worth the inconveniences and I probably would stay there again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank enid s
Reviewed 25 July 2018

I stay in Coogee fairly regularly and say the Dive hotel and thought to check it out. I have seen a few comments along the lines that it is a Boutique hotel but to be honest the vibe is more Bed and Breakfast, although very pleasant. I lucked out with the front room with the sea view which is stunning. It even had a little balcony to sit on.
The hotel is an old Victorian one story building which often makes for backpackers, or for the very lucky an amazing home, and on that front the style might be a little rustic - my bathroom could do with a lick of paint, but the room was large, and that view....
I´d happily stay here again. Makes a nice change from the impersonal (but also perfectly fine) Crowne Plaza up the road.

Room Tip: Do whatever you can to get one of the rooms at the front with the sea view...
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2018

It's a small and cosy hotel. It is near Coogee Beach. It takes only 2 minutes to walk to the beach and go swimming. Staffs here are very friendly and helpful, just like many Australians I had met. My daughter especially loves to play with the dog Luca, she is very lovely.
Just one thing I don't like much that is the room I stayed is quite dark. I would like a lighter room. Anyway, we had a great time here. The staffs always made us feel like just as home. Will stay at this hotel again whenever I go back to Australia.

Room Tip: Do not stay at room number 2. It's quite dark
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Thu Huong N
Reviewed 5 June 2018

Had one of the cheaper rooms. Perfectly fine. The front rooms with balconies will have spectacular views.

Lovely family feel. We ate in the garden and as I was working, I worked at the garden table or in the breakfast area quite a bit.

After a particularly busy 3 weeks on the road, the 3 days at the Dive were a lovely oasis, a rest from my trip, before heading back to regular life.

As someone else said in another review, this is where I'll be staying when in Sydney from now on in.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business