“"Highly Recommended”

Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Coogee
“"Highly Recommended”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

My wife and I brought our two kids down to Sydney last weekend for a friends wedding,we wanted to stay some what close to the city but avoid the hustle and bustle.From previous experience we have found that Bondi is usually very busy and we decided on Coogee beach. I have to say that our stay ended up being well above and beyond our expectations. The hotel is literally seconds away from the ocean and is surrounded by shops and cafes so there's plenty to entertain the kids. Parking is free, which i personally think is just unheard of in Sydney and the staff in reception were truly helpful, it's nice to meet a team that understand the meaning of customer servive. We stayed in the one bedroom apartment and it had a full kitchen,a lounge room and a balcony, the best thing about the room was that it had two televisions so my wife and I weren't stuck watching cartoons all weekend! I would highy recommened the Coogee Sands for anyone looking for accommodation by the beach,families in particular,we will certainly be back soon!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
coogeesands, General Manager at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 16 September 2012
Dear Nick,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Tracy Whitelaw
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I stayed at the Coogee Sands for 4 nights on business and felt more like I was on vacation; I arrived very early at the hotel and asked if I could leave my luggage while taking a walk along the beach as it was my first trip to Coogee. I was amazed when the receptionist disappeared into the general manager’s office and returned a few moments later and announced that I had been upgraded to an ocean balcony room that was ready there and then. The room was great. Very clean, spacious and contained everything you would expect from a 4 star hotel. The bed was really comfortable and the kitchenette was well equipped. I was delighted with the chocolates and champagne that were sent to my room soon after check in, compliments of the hotel. My balcony was literally metres from the sand and the view was nothing short of AMAZING. Sitting on the balcony watching the sunrise or set is a magic moment at this hotel.

The staff were lovely and nothing was too much trouble. For example, I had a meeting scheduled the following day and when I spoke to reception about directions, they printed off maps and highlighted the quickest route for me to take. Breakfast was excellent and located just a few minutes from the hotel itself. As they do not have a restaurant, they have very cleverly teamed up with this café. My meal included FRESHLY SQUEEZED juice of my choice and REAL coffee, not the drip filter muck that you find with most hotel breakfasts. There was so much choice and again nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

Coogee itself is brilliant. There are MILLIONS of restaurants and convenience stores VERY nearby. Grocery stores, massage places, gyms, yoga and swimming clubs (saltwater pools on the ocean) are just a stone’s throw away. The BRILLIANT ocean-overlook walking trail that stretches kilometres in both directions is not to be missed.

The day before I left I tried to print my boarding passes for my flight home but got into difficulty, again, the staff came to my aid and helped. The business centre is open 24 hours a day and is equipped with 2 computers and a printer all of which is complimentary.

I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a friendly, comfortable and exceptionally well run hotel. Thank you again to the GM and her staff for make my stay so memorable.
I’LL BE BACK

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
coogeesands, General Manager at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Dear GregT,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience staying at Coogee Sands.

We are delighted to know that you were impressed with our hotel and had the opportunity to enjoy bubbles on the balcony overlooking the beach.

As you suggest, our central location is very convenient for our guests, giving them access to many transport options to explore Sydney and also to a variety of fabulous restaurants, including the one you have recommended.

We certainly do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon to Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

I experienced incomparable high quality hospitality at coogee sands hotel & appartments. Perfect sea side view followed by its hygiene, spacious and well ventilated room. To be specific, i was pretty impressed by the service provided by its employees. There was an expectational customer service where i truly felt valued and appreciated. they were very courteous,polite plus friendly. they guided me with inside and out amenitites available at coogee. Overall i had a pleasant stay there and made my holiday experience simply amusing defintely returning with my family for my next holiday's stay.

Praveena Singh

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
coogeesands, General Manager at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear Praveena S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a positive review of our hotel.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, it is feedback such as yours that allows us to maintain the high quality standards in which we pride pride ourselves on.

I will pass on your kind words to my team and congratulate them for making your stay so memorable.

we look forward to welcoming you back to The Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2012

We were very pleasantly surprised how clean the place was, especially the bathroom. We were also able to always park our car in the Hotel's car park safely. Its location is extraordinary close to the beach! It is actually on the beach!
We highly recommend the Coogee Sands Hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
coogeesands, General Manager at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Dear CiprianLucut,

Thanks so much for your positive review of our Hotel.

It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed our friendly atmosphere and the views from your studio. Your thoughts and feedback help us to maintain the high standards of service and accommodation in which we pride ourselves on. I have passed your feedback on to the entire team and congratulated them on making your stay so memorable.

It is the greatest compliment that you would highly recommend us and we hope to welcome you back soon to Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments.

Reviewed 28 August 2012 via mobile

Very clean and comfortable and right on Coogee Beach. We had a top floor room this time from where could see the ocean. Well stocked minibar and firendly staff. The only drawback is limited parking but that's a small inconvenience for such a nice place to stay.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
coogeesands, General Manager at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Dear Leo F,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel during your recent stay with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed the views from your 6th floor room– Coogee Beach is truly magnificent!

In regards to our parking, we have 2 levels of complimentary car parking at the hotel and at times, the car park is full. We advise all guests on booking and in confirmations that car parking is subject to availability. We do recommend using the car park across the road which is free for 12 hours of the day in the event our car park is full.

Thank you again for your lovely feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments soon,

Tracy Whitelaw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coogee
Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee
Bondi Beach
Adina Apartment Hotel Bondi Beach
Manly
Q Station Sydney Harbour National Park Hotel

Been to Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK