Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews waters edge the main street great view bedroom apartment steep hill close to town fantastic location self contained washing machine hamilton island main bedroom pools views balcony airlie jeff accommodation
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 March 2021

The spa, gym and kitchen are closed .The room wasnt cleaned to a reasonable standard, WIFI is non existent. Do not stay here if you need WIFI! I stayed for 9 days and 6 days in I had to go down to reception to ask for clean towels/bathmats and was told I wasnt really suppose to get them until day 7. I did not get fresh sheets in the 9 days also. The most disappointing thing was when I emailed photos to 'Jeff' and spoke about my concerns he responded 'thanks for your feedback' and that he would get back to me ASAP. I waited a week and touched base with him again yet he never bothered to respond and I googled Owners name which was Jeff Aquilina so Im assuming that is the Jeff I was dealing with. Clearly he isnt interested in his paying customers. The outside is lovely, the pool and view was nice but they really need to update the furniture so its inline with what they are advertising as 'luxury accommodation' and its really rude not even responding to your customers concerns, that is what upset me the most.

Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank karaw
Reviewed 19 January 2021 via mobile

Previous tenant fescues caked into toilet brush and under toilet seat. Shower walls visibly grimy with gunky soap and mould. Curtains covered in brown children’s hand prints, hopefully it was chocolate, I didn’t check. Lounge smelled like urine. No blankets in rooms. I have stayed in far less expensive hotels and never seen this kind of filth. Advertised free Foxtel, but no such thing. You can hear everything from the upstairs neighbours, so forget sleep if they are a large family.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank lmK2270GU
Reviewed 17 January 2021 via mobile

“A resort is a self-contained commercial establishment that tries to provide most of a vacationer's wants, such as food, drink, lodging, sports, entertainment, and shopping, on the premises”

Waters Edge container neither of these facilities and can’t be called a resort. We had a good time here and location is great. Families beware there is a rather steep hill which is tough with kids & strollers.

Place is worn out and not maintained well and needs an update. Room 24 air-con had moldy smell and at times started heating instead of cooling. Problem is each unit has individual owners so to their mercy to get an update.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank bluiee
Reviewed 14 January 2021 via mobile

This is really a 3.75 rather than a 4. Here we go:

Pros:

1. Location is perfect. 250m from the major restaurants and shops
2. The view is spectacular
3. The 3 pools are superb
4. Staff, although I only met 2, are friendly and helpful
5. The one bedroom apt was huge

Cons

1. The place is a bit down and out. Common areas need a face lift and TLC. Too many tacky paper signs
2. The apartment was also not well maintained. Kitchen and bathroom are outmoded. It wasn’t clean: sticky surfaces, not dusted. Previous occupant’s welcome letter left on the kitchen bench. No tea or milk despite promise
3. Wifi is woeful. Never worked in apt and sometimes not even by the pool, above reception. Very frustrating.

The property is so substantial. It seems such a waste not to maintain it.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2021

We stayed in one of the units for two nights, and our unit had direct access to the swimming pool. On the last night of our stay, an intruder tried to access the patio door while we were inside. When confronted by me, he pretended to use the swimming pool and enter our apartment by mistake. We thought of calling the police; however, as we were checking out early the following day, we did not go through the hassle. I raised it with the resort management by leaving voicemails – as the incident happened after hours - and by text messages. There was no acknowledgement of my voicemail or the text message from the resort management. If you look in Trip Advisor, you will find a similar incident reported by another guest.

So, if you care about your safety, stay away from this property.