“The best B&B in the Whitsundays”

Whitsunday Moorings Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 12 Airlie Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 April 2008

We spent 4 nights at the Whitsunday Moorings Bed and Breakfast in Airlie during our holiday to Australia and it was perfect in every way. From the divine breakfasts served every morning by our most gracious host and owner, Peter, to the fabulous views over the marina at sunset, to the gorgeous pool and hammock. This really was a haven in what is actually a gentle, if transient, town.

The four nights we stayed at the Whitsunday Moorings were broken up by three spent on the beautiful Pacific Sunrise boat and Peter was kind enough to store our spare luggage for us during that time. Nothing was too difficult for Peter and he was not only knowledgeable about the area, but incredibly generous with his time and any resources he had, helping us book a fantastic flight over the islands.

There are only 3 rooms available and each is a mini apartment with a bedroom and lounge area; seperate kitchen with fridge, microwave and hob; ensuite with a power shower and beautiful English products. Each apartment has a terrace area on which breakfast (and what a breakfast it is) is served every morning whilst the Rainbow Lorikeets sweep above the garden in search of their own breakfast.

We booked through Bob and Libby at Whitsunday Accomodation and Tours and they were also fabulously helpful in every way.

Whether you are coming to Airlie for one night or one week I cannot recommend Whitsunday Moorings highly enough!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ToriDLondon
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 March 2008

This is probably the best B&B that I have stayed in
In fact to call it just a B&B is doing it an injustice. There are many more little extras and attention to detail that you would not normally get in a run of the mill B&B.
I can confirm what others have said re great view, breakfast etc. In addition the use of laundry facilities including all soap powders/stain removers etc that you can think of - very handy after travelling for 2 weeks and eating a lot of messy food - not too mention the red wine!!

• Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank Esther1
Reviewed 12 December 2007

I cannot say enough about how much I love this B&B! I stayed in the studio garden room, which has a private entrance. The room is decorated beautifully, with crisp, clean sheets and pillows. The entire room was perfectly spotless. The room was spacious enough for me, and I think it would be plenty of room for a couple as well.
I had a private terrace as well, looking out onto the marina and the beautiful garden. Every morning, I ate an amazing breakfast that started off with freshly squeezed O.J. (to die for), and a gorgeous fruit salad. I had an fresh salmon and eggs first morning, an bacon, egg, mushroom omelet the next, and eggs, mushrooms, and tomatoes the final day. I also had a piping hot pot of tea. Not to mention the beautiful breakfast table on my private terrace...linens and beautiful flowers each morning. I loved seeing the lorikeets eating their breakfast in the garden along with me.
The hill going into town is pretty steep, but I considered it exercise. I went into town each night to meet friends for dinner or get takeout. You can even get snacks and drinks from one of the grocery stores on the main strip in town and put them in your little fridge in your room. Also, you never have to walk down the hill..the tours Peter can book for you will pick you up and drop you off. If you want to go into town, you can get a taxi as well.
One of the biggest highlights besides the breakfasts is the host! Peter is the sweetest, and he can recommend the best day tours based on your preferences. I felt completely safe as a single female staying alone. He even stored my bag for me the last day and then waited outside with me for the airport shuttle to pick me up...it was at least 30-45 minutes in the dark waiting.
I also forgot to mention the pool! I had a lovely private swim one evening...the pool is gorgeous and so relaxing.
I would highly, highly recommend this place and I am extremely discriminating! The value is amazing as well!
(Also I noticed no road noise at all...I was perfectly content and I am a light sleeper).

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2007

We stayed here 2 nights in October 2006 for a visit to the Whitsunday Islands. We arrived late on the train from Cairns but couldn't have been made more welcome. Peter switched the pool lights on so we could have a refreshing swim before falling into our beds. The breakfast the next morning was just amazing, both for the quality of the food and of the service. The bird life was very entertaining too.
Peter had even booked a day trip for us to the Whitsundays and the operator (Whitehaven Xpress) he recommended was very good indeed.
Referring to previous comments, yes, there was some road noise from below but we weren't bothered by it when we were there, i.e. early morning and late afternoon/evening. And the views, sunsets and sunrises, over the harbour and the islands more than made up for it. Absolutely stunning! And so what if there were few leaves and buds in the pool, it was delightful and refreshing.
All in all, one of the top places we stayed in during our 6 week tour of Oz.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Altraveller
Reviewed 22 June 2007

The Whitsunday Moorings Bed and Breakfast was by far one of the greatest places that my husband and I have ever stayed. The property sits atop a hill with spectacular views of the Marina. The interior was very inviting and well kept. Starched linens, a spacious sitting area, and a spotless kitchen and bathroom made our stay very comfortable. Laundry facilities were available as well. Breakfast was absolutely incredible and provided a great start to our day. Every morning, breakfast was made to order and served outside, with not only an incredible view of the Marina, but with the feeding of beautiful lorikeets. Peter was very helpful in making our stay perfect. We felt like royalty! He provided guidance on our day trips: Whitehaven Beach and Great Barrier Reef, and even booked our trips for us. We couldn't have been happier with our stay, and would highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast destination to other travelers.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank worldwide-adventures