Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 116
SAVE US$ 12
PricelineUS$ 117
Hotels.comUS$ 116
eDreamsUS$ 117
All reviews ferry terminal complimentary continental breakfast yogurt hamilton island room was large clean rooms pool towels free wifi minute walk queen bed overlooking the marina easy walk stayed here for nights nice pool whitsunday islands motel pools
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 February 2021

We had a standard room, which was clean, all amenities as promised and nicely decorated. Loved the balcony which overlooks the gardens and pool. We needed a place to stay that was convenient for Port of Airlie and Jubilee Pocket, and this hotel fitted the bill. Sadly didn't have time to stay for breakfast, but that was included with the room. I would definitely stay there again, but would try for a ground floor room next time as I found the stairs to the first floor a struggle with my luggage (but then, I am an older lady with a lung condition).

Room tip: There is no lift to the first floor, but if you can manage the stairs easily, the view from the balcony is lovely.
Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 5 January 2021

I stayed here over the period between Xmas and New Year with my husband and two other couples and we were all towing Jet Ski's. Nothing was too much trouble for the owners, who are on site most of the time and provide good old fashioned face to face service. The beds are extremely comfortable with plenty of pillows, and the room was spacious which allowed for all our extra bits and pieces. The kitchen facilities within the rooms are more than adequate for preparing simple food reheating and or basic requirements, such as tea/coffee. Though it would be handy to have a sink that is big enough to fill the kettle. Continental breakfast was free and ample for most people with the option to pay extra for a cooked breakfast at a very reasonable price. Plenty of room for washing our Jetski and close proximity to boat ramp, and also walking distance to restaurants and shopping. This is our second time to stay at the Colonial Palms and I feel it has improved over the last 12 months with new owners. We will be back again in the future without a doubt. Thanks guys to you and all your staff for your hospitality and friendliness throughout our stay.

Date of stay: January 2021
Sonya Werner, Guest Services / Front Office at Colonial Palms Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2021

Hi Companion606239

Thank you for your positive feedback and good vibes. It means so much when our best customers share their experiences.
We're happy you had a fantastic time with us and we're looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 December 2020

I enjoyed my recent stay at Colonial Palms Motor Inn in Airlie Beach. The accommodation was first class and the people friendly and helpful. The only thing I didn't realise was that not all rooms have Kitchenettes but this was not a major problem.

Room tip: If you would like cooking facilities choose a room with a Kitchenette
Date of stay: December 2020
Jamie Miller, General Manager at Colonial Palms Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2020

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It means so much when our best customers share their experiences. We look forward to seeing you again soon and if you would like a room with a kitchenette in your next booking, we will make sure to accommodate your needs.

Thank you once again for your positive review.

Reviewed 13 December 2020 via mobile

High standard of everything, rooms clean, comfortable, quiet. Easy access to pool and spa from rooms, staff were friendly and helpful, free continental breakfast was nice surprise will definitely be back

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It means so much when our best customers share their experiences. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you once again for your positive review.

Reviewed 9 December 2020

If you are looking for the perfect place to have as a base for exploring Airlie Beach or the Whitsunday Islands, the Colonial Palms is ideal.
Apart from the spotless rooms I stayed in on two occasions, the restaurant is awesome , with a delicious and interesting menu.
I was grateful to be able to order room service and nothing seemed to be too much trouble for the staff.
Jeff and James are a real credit to the business and you can tell that they genuinely enjoy their roles from the very first welcome till time to check out.
Oops I mustn’t forget to mention that they provided me with complimentary transport to and fro the ferry terminal.
Exceptional place to stay if you appreciate a spotless room, delicious meals and old fashioned friendly hospitality!!!!
Five stars !!!!! I will happpily recommend you to all my friends.
Cheers Gloria ( with the heavy case )

Trip type: Travelled solo

Wow Gloria! It sounds like you had a really good time with us.

I'm glad we were able to meet your expectations and we look forward to seeing you in the Whitsundays again soon!