“Found this by complete chance”

Airlie Beach Apartments
Sydney, Australia
“Found this by complete chance”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Fantastic place to stay really good location and so clean and a wonderful supply of constant hot water, supper hosts Kate and Phil, both extremely helpful. Would have loved to stay longer however sadly in March the weather had turned wet. Only downside these apartments are difficult to find on a google search, the website isn't obvious. I would hope this can be rectified soon, as they really deserve the chance to have more guests stay and enjoy the facilities.

Thank you for the lift to the bus depot too.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed here at Christmas and found the Couple who run it to be wonderful.
The cabin we had for 5 nights was perfect, clean and had everything we needed.
the apartments couldn't be any closer to all of the action of Airlie Beach main strip, their pool was wonderful and the view from the pool even better.
I would stay here over and over again :)

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tess B
Windermere, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We stayed in an apartments for 5 nights during our Australian trip from the UK. Booked for 2 nights but decided to stay for 5. It was great and one of the best locations we stayed during our 3 month 'adult backpacking' trip. Using Trip Advisor and Booking.com (etc) to find and book hotels as we journey around Australia we were delighted to come across the Airlie Beach Apartments. The manager was outstanding with help and advice and gave us a high floor room as requested. The apartment had a wonderful balcony area that overlooked the Coral Sea. Stunning. It was very clean, spacious with air conditioning and ceiling fans. Great parking too.
Note: The apartments are on a hill which is quite steep to climb but the position is great as it's close to the town but away from the noise and activity of this backpacker town. Good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask and you shall receive! (if available) Top floor has excellent sea views.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SPI5
Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

I booked in for a two night stay and the apartment was clean, modern and bug free which is always a bonus to me. I was due to go on a sailing trip after my stay but the bad weather put a stop to that so I had no doubts about calling Kate (manager) to ask if she could fit me in for another two nights. Kate was so helpful and even offered to pick me up from the marina as she was driving past there. She squeezed me in and I stayed in another apartment which was equally clean and just as perfect. After the two nights I attempted to leave but the floods put a stop to that so I came back and Kate found me another apartment to stay in for another two nights. My stay here was an absolute delight and I can not sing enough praise on Kate and the apartments. Kate became my Ozzy mum for the week and even gave me a discount on a Whitsunday trip as my time in airlie had been such a wash out (literally). I would recommend anyone to stay here.
N.B I was a lone female traveller in my mid twenties and couldnt have felt safer.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Suzychap
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Stayed 2 nights in a studio apartment, nicely decked out, compact but it is a studio ! Great location just behind main street, no real views. Nice pool., surrounds could be improved. Airconditioned , Self contained. Friendly owner onsite. Great curry place one minute away, cheap as! Paid $110 per night

• Stayed April 2012