All reviewsbeautiful beachmosquito nettingsmall refrigeratorcaribbean stylelovely propertyair conditioningstayed longerthree nightsrental cardominican republicfishsanto domingoshrimpvincenzogiadabeachesparadise
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

I visited this hotel with my wife a few weeks ago, we had a wonderful time, nice rooms, the landscape is very pretty and the beach Playa Bonita is an absolute Paradise, crystal clear water extending over half a mile into the sea, not too crowded, the staff was very polite and friendly, we enjoyed the breakfast. Will definitely be coming back soon.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2018

The hotel has a nice green space and the rooms are big, beach style and nice. It has a nice beach front and a beautiful beach. The only problem is that the pool was always kind of dirty. Floating leafs and other particles, but also the water didn't seem to circulate well in one part of it. The breakfast is ok. Only had lunch at the restaurant once, and it was quite good. From the beach front you can walk to a semi isolate beach on the right end, which is amazing.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2018

I visited Resort Costa Las Ballenas with my wife July 2018 and all I can say is that my wife and I can't wait to go back. Amazing reunion with country and the sea, complemented with an amazing service and a really gorgeous facilities.

Room Tip: The entire place is quiet. You only hear the birds and the sea.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Thanks the whole team at Costa las Ballenas for being so friendly and nice with my family and myself.

Kiwi, our cutest weimaraner, was very welcome in this open space and the rooms had enough space for her to feel comfortable as well.

The food in the restaurant was very good and ok pricing. We had Garlic sauteed shrimp with tostones, Fresh Spaguettis with shrimp aglio e olio, hamburguer and house specialty sandwich. All dishes were good, and best of all our server Francis and his collegue assisting us were awesome, keep up the good service. ASk for the Presidente Beer, beacuase they were exactly like dominicans like them covered in white frost all around!! Perfect.

The pool was nice and clean, a bit outdated in the painting, but good.

Breakfast is included which is a plus! Omelettes was way better than fried eggs, make sure you tell the servers not to much oil at the moment of frying. Again great service by the morning staff as well. Need to try the guava jam!

Not every place is perfect, what didn't we like, if your planning to sleep long hours its a bit complicated because curtains are slim and almost see through. Consequently the sun will wake you up very early in the morning, beacuase most rooms face the sunrise. If your planning to watch tv, cable channels are very complete, but the tv is really small for the distance in which they have put them.

Rooms have A/C, you get beauty kit in your room, towels for the beach and towels for your room, and free wifi all around the hotel.

Definetely recomend this hotel, small stuff can be fixed easily. Good service, cleanliness and a chilled beer makes me anytime!
Thanks,
Ricardo

Room Tip: Doors facing west!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2018

We stayed at Resort Costa Las Ballenas in July 2017 and I just realized that I never wrote the review I intended to leave. To the lovely couple that manages the resort: so sorry for the delay.

If you like us you are looking for:
- comfortable, clean and roomy cottages
- direct access to a beautiful and quiet beach
- a lovely swimming pool
- a nice restaurant bar area
- a caring Management that shows great attention to detail and goes the extra mile*
==> then this is the place for you!

If you are looking for more of an American style, modern tower hotel then this is not for you.

Examples of going the extra mile include:
- moving my brother's family into different cottages so they could be closer to us
- letting us check out late as the next guests weren't coming until a day later
- being flexible when we had visitors come over to join us in the pool etc.
==> they're just really nice people and really worked with us to make our stay great

The rates are more than fair given what a lovely property this is.

Having stayed in and explored the Las Terrenas area for over a week I was able to see many other places and was very pleased with our choice for Costa Las Ballenas and would go back in a heartbeat.

P.S. you could be forgiven for thinking that Roger Federer works there as the manager a real look-alike. (sorry Vicenzo but I could not not bring this up!)

Room Tip: The cottages in the well groomed gardens are lovely but we really enjoyed seeing the sea from our cottage.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family