Hotel Residence Playa Colibri(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
US$ 120
US$ 282
Hotel Albachiara(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
US$ 165
US$ 361
US$ 322
BestDay.com
Hotel La Tortuga(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
US$ 90
US$ 80
Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
US$ 207
BahiaPrincipe
  • Pool
Hotel Enjoy(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
US$ 64
US$ 55
Hotel Alisei(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
US$ 149
US$ 134
Priceline
Casa Coson(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
US$ 140
  • Breakfast included
Mahona Hotel Bed and Breakfast(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
US$ 80
US$ 65
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 April 2016

We're from a small northern town in Quebec, Canada. I came with my 5 year old son and at first there was some culture shock so we had some tough moments with everything being SO different. But by the time it came to leave, we didn't want to! We had so much fun with their kids and the neighbourhood kids, it was a great learning experience for the both of us. The grounds felt safe, the rooms were clean. But just like other reviews have mentioned, it's nothing luxurious, and you are in the jungle which means its a bit out of town and there will be large spiders! The lizards are great though, cute little guys I didnt mind at all.
I think what Dominic and Helena are building here is amazing. If you have the heart of a hippy, you will fall in love this place. It's eco-friendly and in touch with nature. The jungle comes to life at night, I loved lying in bed listening to it. I didn't need an AC, a fan, or bug repellent either.

Some tips for others would be to rent an ATV (or other vehicle of your choice) after you get a feel of the streets and road rules. There's a few beaches to go to, and it makes runs to the super market a breeze too. Ramone was very nice to take us where we needed to go, but it was even nicer to have that freedom.

Room Tip: My room was on the end and beside a hill, so i found it a bit dark all the time. If you like sunshine in the morning, I suggest you ask while booking.
Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Tamara K
Reviewed 29 March 2016

My family and I stayed at Jurassic Park over the holidays. This was our first visit to the Dominican Republic and we wanted a taste of it all, local culture, adventure, rest... We got all that and more! Jurassic Park exceeded our expectations as it is unassuming, ever peaceful and very friendly. Our only regret is that our vacation was too short. We look forward to going back and spending a more leisurely time exploring the island and the peaceful friendliness of Jurassic Park.

Reviewed 5 March 2016

Loved this place! the studios, using candles, the pool the hamacas, the service from the owners, we cooked, theres a colmado right outside, very convenient, the property is amazing, just totally worth every penny, If I'm ever in samana i'll stay there for sure!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2016

Our first visit to Jurassic Park was for 8 days over this recent Christmas. While I hope to provide "impartial" information for other travelers, I confess up front that the place won our hearts so our perspective is admittedly very rose colored. We were looking for fairly rustic and natural accomodations that were reasonably affordable for a small family. The cabanas are quite basic with limited modern comforts though totally adequate. The electric and hot water are solar and need to be used with some care though they proved more than enough. The kitchenette has a small fridge, a small gas stove and sink and counter space. It is not meant for 4 star cooking but you can fix a small meal with no trouble. The pool is spring fed without unnecessary chemicals and the grounds are lush and lovely and a nice balance of tame and natural. We awoke to the sounds of roosters and children and fed the friendly bunnies (and the grouchy parrot.) We had breakfast with the hosts each morning and were made to feel at home. Getting there requires an adventurous spirit and good tires though it is close to town and away from the noise. There are some nearby Dominican restaurants which are simply the deck of the owner's home set with some plastic tables, cold beer and homemade cooking. Downtown Las Terrenas is about 10 minutes by car. Our favorite things were the fireflies, the hammock, the pool and the people. If you favor "service" and "amenities" then perhaps another place will suit you better. For us, Jurassic Park was a perfect fit and we will surely return.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

The rooms were very clean and cozy. Helpful super attentions. I have no complaints, but many unforgettable memories. The family spent wonder and we are eager to return again. Dominic was a tremendous host.