All reviewsthe main roadstay there againclose to shopsapartment was cleanminute walkthe managerssunshine coastgreat locationone bedroom apartmentpatrolled beachmegangaragebalconykitchenviewscoolumbbq
Reviewed 19 August 2016

I really liked our apartment. It was light, bright, clean and cheerfully decorated. The property has a well-established tropical garden, and it is close to the beach, shops and cafes. The kitchen was well equipped.

The managers were extremely helpful. We were lucky enough to have a corner apartment with a lovely view of the beach. I would definitely like to return next year.

The only issues I had were with the access to parking, and the dark stairwells. I ended up parking in the street because my parking skills were not up to the tight corners. My elderly mother managed the stairs OK, but the stairwells were not at all well lit, even in the daytime.

Room Tip: Corner apartments are good, because they have twice the balcony size.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

We have just got back from a week in Unit 5 at Surf Dance over Easter. Our week got off to a good start when we received a message upon landing at Sunshine Coast Airport saying our apartment was ready and we could check in early- fabulous! Once we arrived we received a warm welcome from Megan the manager. While the building itself is an older block of holiday flats, our unit was very clean and comfortable. It had been renovated and had everything we could ask for including washing machine, dryer, aircon, coffee plunger and comfy beds. Despite hot weather, we only used the aircon once - the rest of the time we got nice cooling breezes. The location was great- a short walk to restaurants and beaches and on the days we just wanted to chill out we used the bbq and relaxed by the pool or on our balcony which had filtered views of the beach. The block itself was quiet and there was no road noise, so it you are not obsessed with being by the beach and just want something clean and comfortable without being too pretentious, this is a good choice !

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2016

Basic clean unit with lockup parking. If you want free wi-fi or A/C it is not available. We did not find this a disadvantage. Pool. 1 minute to the first restuarant and 1 further minute to surf club and beach. Lots of eateries. No traffic noise. Would stay here again. Value for money

Room Tip: As for ocean view
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

This establishment would have been given the perfect score if it were not for the extreme rudeness of the night manager, who was walking around on some kind of power trip. First he rudely reminds my daughters 5 minutes prior to the pool closing that they have to get out (it's ok, I had that covered, they were already told by me), then at 9pm - on a Friday night - on Australia Day weekend - we were told very rudely to be quiet. I was catching up with family - who live here - who I had not seen for 3 years. They were more embarrassed than me. I was mystified! If it was midnight and the music was blaring I would understand, but it was 9pm - and I will reiterate - on a Friday night!! He made us middle aged adults feel like naughty school children! It is an absolute shame - the receptionist was lovely (give the poor girl some decent air conditioning though please), check in was simple, the room was spacious, clean and comfy and the view is lovely! What a shame you have Mr Power Hungry wielding this level of "hospitality" in a high tourist area. Don't forget - we are your bread and butter. Will I visit again? I haven't made up my mind yet!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2015

I have stayed at Surf Dance in Coolum on two occasions and found it a great place to stay. Its clean, safe and the management fantastic. Close to beach, shops and transport, what more could you want? Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends