“Food ordinary, service far too slow.”
Review of Cafe Martini

Cafe Martini
Ranked #27 of 63 Restaurants in Wangaratta
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food ordinary, service far too slow.”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Good menu but food disappointing, Staff run off their feet - new managent needed

1 Thank Nardoo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Polish first
Phoenix, Arizona
“Dinning”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

When we arrived in Wangaratta, it was late, and all the stores were closed. We walked the main street and read all the menus, and that one read the best, and it was a wonderful experience. They have a seating area outside, which was perfect. We had pizzas and salads - wow. They have an excellent wine selection. Their recommendation for us was a bottle from Brown Brothers Winery. We fell in love with it, and promptly had to visit that winery the next day.

Visited February 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“A very disappointing experience overall”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

As a local, I have been disappointed by Martini's countless times.
The service is terrible. In the past I have been seated and not given a menu for at least 15 minutes, presumably because we were forgotten about. Staff are unfriendly and unknowledgeable.
Chardonnay is listed as a sparking wine on their wine list. To their credit, the wine list has a great variety (I enjoyed the Dal Zotto Prosecco, even if it's the only positive part of my visit) and is reasonably priced.
The food is well below average. I had pizza which I found unimpressive compared to other wood fired pizzas that I have had. Not to mention the times that I have waited an hour and a half for my meal!
I wouldn't recommend coming to Martini's if you are after a fine dining experience. If given the option, ask to sit upstairs on the balcony, as downstairs is an unpleasant atmosphere and seems to be stuck in the 80's. The furnishings are disgusting, and tables are set with a checkered table cloth; with a piece of butcher's paper over the top. Judging by the filthy marks on the table cloths, I would be surprised if they have ever been washed.
There are far better eating establishments in Wangaratta, and I would suggest avoiding this place if looking for a great dining experience as you will be sorely disappointed.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank tiny_dancer16
Wangaratta, Australia
“nice family meal”
Reviewed 17 December 2011

We had a family meal, woodfire pizzas and salad and it was very yum. The pizza base maybe just a tad too thin. The table tops are dressed with large sheets of white paper and the staff gave our kids bucket of pencils to draw with as soon as we sat down. Very good wine list, I had a great local Sauvignon blanc. We didn't stay for long as we have young kids but the staff were very receptive to that.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank liladventurer
Melbourne, Australia
“Good food, poor service standards”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Food for dinner was good, with a good local wine list all at reasonable (even better than reasonable) prices. There are enough wait staff and they are all pleasant, but the service management isn't good, so the service delivered is variable (inattentive).

1 Thank mick3187