All reviews tree house night safari ken river panna national park the cottages treehouse restaurant boat ride lovely place tiger reserve remote location special mention in december visit this place the main road resident naturalist his team species of birds
Reviewed 3 May 2014

It was awesome experience at your resort. Food and service is excellent. Staff is very obedient and co -operative. Mr. Bijoy was good and had gr8 time with him specially in safari.

But on Room part , it was clearly disaster experience. Rooms interior , toilets need to improve immediately. Looks like it had never done up better shape from 1986.

I am attaching 2 photos in which u can make out ......... biggest mistakes

Photo No. 1 - U can check live current wires directly inserted in the socket ,who is responsible when those wires came out from socket and gives shock when we touch any part in room . U can get plug just for Rs.25 which can easily fixed up by anybody.

Photo No. 2 - This is one of the horrible mistake or blunder u had made. Now check in the photo if i need to close curtain i cant use aircooler as wind get blocked , so we have to tie curtain on one part of window. I had visited with my family , so changing clothes were big problem. Even sleeping in the night was problem as there was no privacy. We were surprised to see how come nobody complained about this.

These rooms r not at all worth Rs.2000/- per day.

Toilets - Taps need to change urgent not working properly. In one of the toilet there was reverse cold and hot water outlet , which leads to one of our member burned severely her hand in hot water.

Pl Note - I have received msg from their team -

Dr. Anand

Greetings!

Thank you for your valuable feed back. I appreciate your concern. I am in the process of upgrading this lodge.

Looking forward for hosting you once again in the future.

Regards

Shyamendra Singh

Room tip: Complete avoid staying in Cottage room , need for redevelopment.
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AnandNarvekar
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Great location along the river and very friendly staff, well informed on the Park and its inhabitants. The elevated restaurant is pleasant, with good quality food served. You can enjoy a cup of tea around the campfire. Cottages are far though from the main complex and the decor would benefit of modernization.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Spent a few days here in March, what fun we had during Holi. Sufficiently inebriated I even swam in the river along with crocs - the real ones, not the shoes! Owner is special - what a character. The situation of this lodge is amazing. Bar staff brilliant - in fact everything was special.

Date of stay: March 2014
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stopped at Ken River Lodge at their, Tree House restaurant, for lunch on the way back from Panna forest reserve. Had to call them and book in advance. Simple home style cooking, chilled beer and a great ambience. Really enjoyed sitting in "the tree tops" with a view of the Ken river....so therapeutic! Very nice!

Room tip: Do book in advance so that they cook for you! It's an Indian buffet they lay out....plenty to offer...tastes good!
2  Thank nmirage
Reviewed 5 April 2014

When one thinks of Panna National Park, one thinks of the KEN RIVER. So what better place to stay than to be perched upon a tree besieging the soul of the river & the park. The Ken River Lodge is a sanctuary where one can experience the soul of the jungle by closed eyes & open arms!
Just being in the lodge brought me closer to nature than what I already was. It brings a sense of joy, an unknown bliss of discovering that this is the last leg of my wanderings....it is here, it is here, it is here where I will be one with nature & its bounties.

Panna has always been my favourite place to visit bringing back memories of my childhood as it is where I spent my summer vacations listening to tales my grand mother so often would recount, forcing my senses to numb & transporting me to a fairy land. My mother was born here & perhaps it is the reason why I, still after many years want to go back but now for more selfish reasons...to be in the jungles & satisfy my ever lasting urge to wander in nature & with wildlife.

I have visited Panna National Park twice before & have had the pleasure of staying in other good properties as well but this one takes the cake, purely on the grounds of its LOCATION! In a couple of my other park reviews I have mentioned the importance of Location while choosing an accommodation on a wildlife expedition. Lets get down to facts about the property:

1. Location: It is exactly 20kms from Khajuraho by road. Nestled off the main road, not far from the main park gate, Madla. Once in the lodge, one is drifted into the pages of the Jungle book only to be brought back to reality by the warm welcome of the staff & a refreshing drink! The lodge is river facing & within a small part of the forest.

2. Rooms: Huge mud houses with all amenities. A large wardrobe & changing room attached to a clean big bathroom & toilet. A little more lighting would be better! The beds were made every evening. I had one of the most peaceful sleep in a long long time! There was complimentary bottled water also.

3. Restaurant: This is the best part of the lodge. It is sectioned into an open seating & an indoor library cum discussion area cum dining area. I loved to sit in the open under the huge banyan tree, I guess in the mornings & afternoons & inside in the cosy inspiring environment in the evening. The restaurant has a splendid 180 degree view of the Ken river with the infusing fragrance of a mix of dark wood & forest droppings. It is indeed magical to be perched on a tree top with the most breath-taking views! What more could I ask.

4. Food: I often find food in the jungle properties especially in Madhya Pradesh, to be delicious, simple & homely. The cook was generous to attend to all my palate needs & brought some most mouth-watering recipes to the table.

5. Service: This is a sphere where I think there is room for improvement. When one is hungry, the waiting period kills. I would have given them the leverage if the property was full & less hands to cater. But it was not the case. In fact only 2 rooms were occupied & not many walk-ins. Even if the place is great & the food to the taste but not served well & at the right time then everything else just goes down the drain! I seriously suggest they should do something about the laid back attitude of the staff & impart some deliberate training. I did not expect corporate service in a jungle but adhering to the normal is all I asked!

6. Naturalists: They have some really good Naturalists. One I would specially like to mention is Mr.Bejoy, who has the tact & skill to make ones stay worthwhile. He is well informed in his field & knows his way around the park. I would recommend to make the best of what he has to offer! I would also like to acknowledge & thank Mr.Shukra, their bird expert whose skills in bird sighting really made my day.

7. Tariff: Most of the jungle properties offer jungle plans wherein inclusive of accommodation, meals & 1 or 2 safaris. In my opinion one should opt for the jungle plan as it is where one hangs up most of the time eating, brooding, sleeping. The rates here are very competitive like any other 4 star jungle property would tender.

Well, I want to end on a good & memorable note just as my stay at the Ken River Lodge. I would suggest this property to all who want a tree house experience with views to die for!

Room tip: One has to walk when in the property, so ask for a room nearest to the restaurant, as its here where one spends most of their time.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family