“Pretty spot with lots of waterbirds.”

Anbangbang Billabong
Book In Advance
More Info
US$ 583.74*
and up
3-Day 4WD Small-Group Litchfield and Kakadu Camping Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: During the sry season only. A billabong, paperbark swamps, fringing woodlands and sandstone plateau scrub feature along the Anbangbang Billabong and Nawurlandja lookout walks.Follow the yellow-tipped posts around Anbangbang Billabong to see lilies, waterbirds and stunning views of Burrunggui (Nourlangie Rock).
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Lots of little picnic areas along the billabong, but it is not a place to swim. i did spot a crocodile out in the lilies, so be alert.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Anbangbang Billabong

Reviewed 2 June 2017

The walk is not very strenuous but the rock art is easily accessible and wonderful. The paths are clear and the art is easy to see and admire.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

My husband and I came across the Nawurlandja walk by accident. It's near the Anbangbang track. Nawurlandja is an amazing rock formation. As you climb up further the view is breath taking and you'll see the whole escarpment and Anbangbang Billabong down below. We were on our way back from the Nourlangie Rock Art, which we had just seen, and there was a second road on the left just past the Anbangbang Billabong road. The road lead to a carpark. We saw another person heading right from the carpark and walking up a rocky area. Intrigued and with water in hand we followed him on the same small track. It crosses a tiny stream of water which you can walk over (depending on the weather and season I guess) and then you climb up a few concrete steps. The steps lead you onto this amazing rock formation and you can keep walking up it. It only took me approximately 3 minutes to climb it to the top from there. I'm 52 years old and I had no trouble walking up it and I took my time as well. I kept looking back to enjoy the views. It's flat rock to walk on with a slight steep incline heading up. We had a beautiful view of Kakadu up there and I wanted to stay there for quite a while admiring the view. I strongly advise you take bottled water with you, wear good walking shoes and a hat. It would be more enjoyable in the morning or during late afternoon. There is little shade but you can get some shade under some of the larger rocks. You'll love the view as well and you can see the Billabong clearly. We saw some great bird life up there as well.

1  Thank Laura R
Reviewed 30 March 2017

They told us a scene from the movie Crocodile Dundee was filmed here. The billabong can vary from dry to massive from season to season.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Went here as part of a tour. Lots of interesting wildlife, but didn't see many crocs. Tour guides were really familiar with the plants, birds and other littlevanimals