“Pleasant Thai meal”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 January 2016

Although service was a little slow (it took 3 requests before we finally received a jug of iced water), this didn't mar a very pleasant meal. Our chicken satay contained good meat in a decent sauce, whilst the spring rolls were fine (she found them a little too crispy). The Pad Thai was very good, not too spicy/bland, with a subtle flavour. The green chicken curry was very nice, with plenty of chicken and sufficient green veg, and full of Thai flavour.

Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

Service below average. Food reasonably priced, but bordering on disgusting. Had a stir fry. I guess small town, but being a tourist town, quite embarrassing as a kiwi.

Reviewed 12 October 2015

Went here for dinner on a Saturday night.
Several hours later, I was violently ill, and had food poisoning.
In bed with severe food poisoning symptoms for the next 2 days, then had to fly home.
I got home and went to hospital and was admitted for 4 days.
The food poisoning turned into a lung infection which then turned into pneumonia.
I was asked by the old guy how I wanted the steak cooked, and I said well done.
The steak dish came out and whilst the edges of it were cooked, it was still bleeding in the middle.
The little of it that I did eat was enough to cause me big problems.
Eat here at your peril !!

Reviewed 30 June 2015

Food was lovely. Front of house staff needs to learn some customer service skills. His attitude was very uninviting.

1  Thank Cheral-Harris
Reviewed 26 March 2015

Reading some of the reviews you would perhaps think twice about dining hear, however compared to some of the other restaurants in Russell the prices are very reasonable, and we quite fancied some Thai for a change. It was not very busy and the owner was pleasant, which is all you need. He informed us that one of the entree's was not available and that there was only one serving left of the special. Fair enough. We ordered our drinks as we were still deciding, quite a bit to choose from on the menu. I ordered the Sweet and Sour with Scallops, and my partner ordered one of the curries, sorry forgotten which one :) Both came out promptly, and we had even moved tables, my partner's idea, still not sure why :) The meals were lovely and we were asked so far through how everything was. Once we had finished that, we asked about dessert, no menu as such, but the owner told about 3 options, with the last one being Lemon Meringue Pie, sold times 2. They also came out promptly. A really decent sized piece of pie served with cream and ice cream. Personally I didn't feel the need for the ice cream, but that is my personal take on it. This is mainly because the pie was perfect. Pastry just right, lemon filling lovely and the meringue on tip excellent. It was the best I have had next to what my mum can cook. Outstanding. Overall a really nice meal, there is seating outside but the decor inside is fascinating with artwork and trinkets from Thailand. I would recommend this restaurant for a change, especially if you are sick of being ripped off at some of the top restaurants.