“PERFECT !!! EXCEPT BUSINESS REPS READ”

Trailways Hotel Nelson
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Nelson
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I am a sales rep with a disability, travelling NZ wide staying all over NZ , being home only 2 days a month.. I have RA , night time is my worse so a good bed high pressure hot shower and heat in room are my needs and must be quiet . I choose by reviews.
I also write reviews for national publishers for disabled and business reviews.

First off the best to talk about,
Reception was great and bubbly friendly..

The room
Heated floor in bathroom bonus for sore feet , Beautifully presentation of room well made beds, electric blankets and air cond..
proper shampoos that can be opened by disabled fingers. I slept like a baby one of the only hotels I’ve stayed past 6am , loved it so much

The issues. These are quite bad if your disabled or a sales rep..

Staff ( won’t say who) because all staff need teaching, The carpark was full, I have a disabled tag so rightfully I’m parked in disabled carpark, someone said “ Park in disabled we don’t police it we are private business, anyone can park in them “
Oh really I replied well lucky I have disabled tag, Trailways this is shocking to hear this , Disabled people need these parks ! Close to entrance, please teach the staff.

Internet
I had to call for internet access code first code used up. Second code used up.. so reception gives me 3 more , all 3 were part used, half way through my reports I run out of internet.. If your going to advertise free internet with threats of letters in room that if you use for anything else but normal internet then at least make it so we can use it..

The end of it all would I stay here again?
Absolutely it’s one of the best!! Teach staff about disabled and fix internet and you have an amazing place

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Bruce C
Trailways, Front Office Manager at Trailways Hotel Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Dear Bruce C,

Thank you very much for your review. I am very disappointed to hear that one of our staff members said we don't police our disability car park. As you know our disability car parks are the closest to reception so we can see when a car pulls into them - if someone gets out who isn't noticeably disabled or hasn't got a disabled tag visible in their front window. We will very politely ask them to move - people are generally very understanding and will only park there if they are entitled to.
I will once again bring this to all of our staff's attention and just because we are a private business is no excuse for anyone to park there. So I apologise. In regards to the internet our Wi-Fi codes only work once so can not be half used when you receive them however we are changing our Wi-Fi tickets and they will be unlimited as to cut out them getting used up quickly. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and very pleased to hear you will stay with us again.
We look forward to welcoming you back

The Team at Trailways Hotel

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night heading through to Blenheim, no complaints whatsoever, the place is clean and the staff are very well trained in customer service, all modern furnishing including under floor heating in the bathroom. The hotel is close to town just a few minutes walk if you don't want to utilise the hotel restaurant and bar. Would highly recommend to my fellow traveler's.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Tipperaryboy,

It is so lovely to hear you have no complaints. We are pleased to hear you found our rooms clean and no faults in our very attentive friendly staff members. We are pleased to hear you also enjoyed our underfloor heating in the bathrooms and very central location.

Many thanks for the review,

Reviewed 28 September 2017

I stayed overnight as a base for visiting the Tasman National Park and before heading over to Picton for the ferry. The hotel is very nice, with good facilities. I had a large room with a good clean bathroom, and a nice patio area overlooking the river.

Room Tip: Make sure your room overlooks the river
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

Dear csfordie,

thank you so much for taking your time to write us a review.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in one of our great Riverside Studios.

We hope you loved our beautiful Abel Tasman National Park! What a fantastic experience.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Well this won’t be the last stay with Trailways. Loved everything here from amazing friendly helpful staff to the comfy bed to clean room and great views. Location is primo and having the restaurant attached is a bonus especially because it is first class. The only one thing they could add to make it 100% would be to have a better instant coffee in the room. Special Blend is nasty. Most good quality hotels will have Moccona at the least.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Fiona R,

thank you so much for taking your time to write us a review we are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us from your clean and comfortable room to our first class restaurant and fantastic location.
I will pass on your thoughts on our instant coffee and look forward to seeing you next time you are in Nelson.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

I chose this place because it is in the center of town. Right along side the river with a nice walking track for an early morning walk before lunch. The Breakfast buffet is good. The rooms are large and comfortable,

Room Tip: Pick a room on the river side for a nice wake up view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Stephen F,

thank you for choosing to stay with us we are pleased our central location and beautiful outlook were drawing cards to you. We are pleased you also liked the size of your room and found it comfortable and also enjoyed our breakfast buffet.
We hope to welcome you back again.