All reviewsback packersspa bathfree breakfastthe bed was extremely comfortablecool placeair conditioningheat pumpwithin walking distancesmall kitchenettegood sizeother gueststown centrebackpackerswifimotelnoisepassword
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Thid place has a motel and hostel right next to each other. Theyre both inexpensive options. I stayed in the hostel. It caters to backpackers looking for a party place, but they shut down the noise at night. It's a cool place with pool, sauna and many seating areas.

If you want something cozy, low key and comfortable it is not for you.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

I had a lovely time staying at the quaint stylish paradiso apartments in nelson this week. Very cute paradise-like garden with cabbage trees, and nice little touches like mosaics on the front of the steps. I liked it because it feels like a small motel with hardly anyone there set in paradise even though it was fully booked the night I was there - I never heard a soul.

Every staff member I came across was wonderful, from Robin who took my call when i arrived early, to the housekeeper (incidentally the room was perfectly spotless) to the lovely young people who helped me with my heat pump (turned out to be an error on my part) and the friendly receptionist when I left.

Please note this is a review for the apartments, not the backpackers house behind, although that also looked very nice.

Thanks so much to the team from Paradiso who made my stay so nice.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2017

The motel was of a older style/décor in a quite area of Nelson. Within walking distance of the CBD but being part of a backpackers was a surprise but the two areas are separate so no big deal.The motel is well run and clean.

Room Tip: a ground floor gives easy access to the rooms
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed in the "Love shack" - we greatly appreciated having the separation from the other guests as we are not into the "stay up all night, talk, smoke and drink" crowd that comes with the average age of the other guests here. While there were a handful of guests in the 50+ range most were about 20ish. That said, the place was very clean and I'd stay here again. I always travel with earplugs because I always want them, and would recommend having them here. A good value.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed at this motel, which I found to be generally comfortable, clean, and quiet. Despite being next to the backpackers I didn't find this to be an issue at all. Staff were accommodating with us changing our bookings at the last minute, which was appreciated after a long hike in the national park. Wouldn't mind staying here again next time I'm in Nelson.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends