1,026 results
All reviewsenglish villagehonest lawyerbedroom cottageold englishonsite restaurantclose to the airportgas fireenglish stylewashing machinehotel roomthe cottagesgreat pubminute drivelounge areanew zealandlarge bathroomcomfy bed
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Loved the setting and wonderful rooms. Service was great especially in restaurant were we dined the three nights we were in Nelson
Plenty of parking and just an enjoyable place to stay.
Very little to add and grading's says it all

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Grand_Mercure_Nelson, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Hi there Chris F

Thanks so much for your review/feedback - what more could we ask for than a satisfied customer; we're delighted you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, and your dining experience at The Monaco Kitchen. We hope fyou'll dine/stay with us again the next time you visit Nelson.

Thanks for grading us with full marks - much appreciated.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I want to come back again soon. This place is amazing and I am stunned I never knew it existed before. The layout and rooms are really homely and tasteful. The location is special. Lovely for walks and bike rides. I had room service and it was to die for. Undiscovered paradise.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the inlet are special.

Hi there juliababy

Hey thanks for you terrific review/feedback - I've taken the liberty of quoting you on our Facebook and Instagram sites.

We're already looking forward to seeing you back in paradise again soon now that you've discovered us!

We're delighted you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay, room service "to die for" sounds pretty good, next time try dining in at The Monaco Kitchen, the view across the Waimea Inlet to the Kahurangi is equally spectacular (especially on an evening with a great sunset).

Nick
On behalf of the entire team at the Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Beautiful looking layout, like a European small village.. BUT....

I am a mecure member and staying at 20 + hotels a month, I know what I want..
Simple really, clean, good shower, warm room, not much to ask, the layout is stunning, with a beauty shop and jeweller on site, licenced restaurant, staff are fantastic, , I had a 2 bedroom apartment, my choice I wanted to see the layout...here comes the BUT..
WASHING MACHINE DRYER in kitchen my washing has been going for 5 hours on dry, it’s now midnight I have had to go to bed with it running... my room has no fire or smoke alarm? So if it catches fire, I’m doomed, can’t get window open.
I picked this room because it’s supposed to have a gas fireplace, doesn’t work, no smell of gas , so no won’t fire up, I stood up after getting on hands and knees and whacked my head on the fireplace ( CONCRETE) .
INTERNET seriously management 300mb it’s 2017 , but that’s ok you saved your 300mb my password didn’t work..
2 antique televisions, no remote in room, had to go to reception to get one, get back to room, doesn’t work.. the one in bedroom is tiny,, blurry,,
Common guys you are accor, I’m highly disappointed, did you not like me? I booked through accor website,,,
Would I stay here again? Yes, but only for the coolness of it, but if you to be warm, have internet, watch tv, or listen to the stereo? It was faulty, or do your washing, go find somewhere else..
I normally don’t write reviews for less than perfect, but be warned, it’s cool place but don’t expect much!

Room Tip: Ask to inspect room, check tv,heating,washing machine,remotes,internet password
1  Thank Bruce C
Grand_Mercure_Nelson, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Hi there Bruce

Wow, 20+ hotels each month, you're a busy man!

Thanks for your review/feedback which obviously is a little disappointing, however all guest feedback is valued so thank you for taking the time.

Firstly, I can assure you that every single one of our hotel rooms, studios and cottages are fitted with smoke/fire alarms; some would say they're a tad over sensitive as they often go off when guests are cooking!

I do hope you filled in one of our maintenance cards that are in each room so that our maintenance team can attend to that washing machine/dryer which was misbehaving - our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Our wifi data limit is 1Gb per device per day, this information is noted on the wifi information enclosed with guests room key; I've just discovered that the information on the login screen is incorrect, so thanks for drawing that to my attention, I'm getting it updated.

Once again, thanks for your feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Nelson.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

As Cabin crew for an airline we stayed here ALOT and always had good rest.Monaco was a place we always looked forward to staying.The food is always cooked to your liking,the rooms are warm with the fire going and the staff especially (Tommy) always made us feel welcome. Even tho we won’t be staying here anymore every time in Nelson from now on this will be my first choice for overnight or more stays. Will miss the staff here and the accom. DEF recommend!!

Proud Monaco visitor & friend
Ebony Porter

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank EbonyP43
Grand_Mercure_Nelson, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Hi Ebony

Thanks for your very kind review/feedback - we're going to miss you and your cabin crew colleagues! It was a pleasure and a privilege to look after you all over the past couple of years.

Our staff have done us proud, and we look forward to saying 'welcome back!' when you next get back to Nelson as a visitor on your own time and not as cabin crew flying in and out for work. Come back soon!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

As a flight attendant we stay in a lot of hotels, we don't usually review them. The Grand Mecure is not just a hotel, it's an experience. It's charming, like staying in a European village. The rooms are big with great facilities, and the staff are amazing. You can grab a bike to cycle around the waterfront, get a lift to the town, nothing seems to be too much trouble for the staff. It's easily the hotel I look forward to the most.

Hi there lovingindia2016

Thanks for your review - which is extra special giving that you don't usually do them!

We really appreciate your generous praise, we're delighted you love our facilities and that our staff really look after you.

We look forward to saying, 'welcoming back again!' the next time you're in Nelson.